Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mandy's Weight Loss Journey! (pictures)

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:09 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 303 Total Views

This is for myself. Last January 2016 I weighted myself and I was almost to where I was when I was pregnant with my daughter. 2 pounds away from 200. No I wasn't happy with myself. I lost some weight during that time Jan. till May or June. I stopped working out because my daughter was home from school. (shouldn't have been excuse) During that time I only gained 5 pounds not bad at all so I know I can get a lot of it off. So August came, she is in school I started working out and eating a whole lot better. I lost inches before I lost pounds. The whole year of 2016 I lost 26 pounds. Also 28 inches. 

It was a great year. I am still on my weight loss journey. I was a size 16 (almost 18) I finally was able to put a size 12 over my thighs and button them! Yes they fit but a little snug. BUT I GOT THEM ON. That was one of my goal. That has made me so very happy! If you would like a before and after picture let me know I will show you! :) 

Hoping to be in a size 10 before my December birthday! 

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:12 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Before October after January will update on the 28th this month.
Love2sonshines
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:17 PM
Great job. How exciting. I'm going to lose about 20 lbs. I'm a sugar junkie, so today,day 2, not feeling the best. It's great to see other women on their journeys. Thanks for sharing.
mama2b100808
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I still have more to go but this is progress. :) 

Quoting Love2sonshines: Great job. How exciting. I'm going to lose about 20 lbs. I'm a sugar junkie, so today,day 2, not feeling the best. It's great to see other women on their journeys. Thanks for sharing.

g33k
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:27 PM

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

mama2b100808
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:29 PM

Thank you!! :) That is what I needs is people to believe in me. 

Quoting g33k:

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

g33k
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:31 PM

anyone can do anything they put their mind to! if you want this, you will do it.  in 2012 when i started, i wanted it SO BAD and i stuck with it even when i didn't see results as fast as i wanted, i just kept going and now, 5yrs later, i'm in the best shape of my life!

so keep at it. slow and steady wins the race. 

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting g33k:

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

mama2b100808
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Thank you! What did you do to keep it going? 

Quoting g33k:

anyone can do anything they put their mind to! if you want this, you will do it.  in 2012 when i started, i wanted it SO BAD and i stuck with it even when i didn't see results as fast as i wanted, i just kept going and now, 5yrs later, i'm in the best shape of my life!

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting g33k:

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

g33k
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:38 PM

i saw small improvements that motivated me -- my clothes fit better, i had more energy, i just felt better, my skin looked better and my sleep improved.  all of these things kept me going; made me hungry for more.

I didn't look at the scale once - i only went by how i felt.  I also stopped thinking "i want to be skinny!" but instead, focused on "i want to be healthy!".

it took me TEN HARD months of 100% strict clean eating and killing myself with workouts to drop the weight...weight doesn't come off as easy when you're older but i knew that eventually, it would come off.  i also started seeing muscle again and i could lift heavier and go longer during my workouts so that in itself was a huge inspiration to keep going.

are you exercising as well or only focusing on food right now?

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting g33k:

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting g33k:

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

mama2b100808
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:46 PM
I am doing both. My clothes have been fixing better and lose. What are you eating and what kind of workouts do you do?

Quoting g33k:

i saw small improvements that motivated me -- my clothes fit better, i had more energy, i just felt better, my skin looked better and my sleep improved.  all of these things kept me going; made me hungry for more.

I didn't look at the scale once - i only went by how i felt.  I also stopped thinking "i want to be skinny!" but instead, focused on "i want to be healthy!".

it took me TEN HARD months of 100% strict clean eating and killing myself with workouts to drop the weight...weight doesn't come off as easy when you're older but i knew that eventually, it would come off.  i also started seeing muscle again and i could lift heavier and go longer during my workouts so that in itself was a huge inspiration to keep going.

are you exercising as well or only focusing on food right now?

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting g33k:

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting g33k:

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

FreyaM
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:27 PM
Great job!! We can do this! We will reach our goals ❤️❤️
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)