Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

labor ideas?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:25 AM
  • 16 Replies
Hey ladies! Have any of yall started thinking about the type of labor you want, birth plan, attendees, etc? I am using the same midwife I had with my last pregnancy. I am planing my first completely natural labor and delivery. I know I want to be able to move, choose my own delivery position based on what is most comfortable, be able to eat and drink, use a birthing ball and shower to help ease pain, I do not want continuous electronic fetal monitoring or a routine IV, I want imidiate skin to skin, delayed cord clamping and daddy to cut it, and I would love to be able to have a few moments with just my husband, me and our babies after the birth..also, I have been setting up interviews with doulas in my area this evening. I was just wondering what, if any plans, y'all have in mind? Is anyone planning a gentle ceserean?
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:56 AM
I'm planning to give birth at the hospital where my first two were born and where I currently work. I was thinking about going all natural but my BP tends to get high at the end of pregnancy and higher in labor (160/108 before my last epi) so I think I'm probably just gonna go for the epi. I'd rather epi than having to have BP meds pushed and stuff. But I'll rock out on the birth ball and stuff until it's time for that. Gotta make sure that baby is in the right position!
As a nurse can I make a suggestion? I know IVs suck but it might be a good idea to have an IV just set up and saline locked (no fluids running) just in case. If you start bleeding postpartum, it is so important to have an IV and they are a lot harder to place when the bleeding has already started. Your veins collapse from the lack of blood and it just sucks. Other than that your plan sounds great!
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:20 AM
I just have Drug free hospital delivery is my plan. Has worked out thus far
Royaltydreams81
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:22 PM
I won't be drug free because of blood pressure so I will get the Epi and that usually controls it . I will also be induced due to bp, they are scared I will seize again and go thru eclampsia.
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:39 PM
I have already started thinking that as well! I am always anemic when pregnant and it is better safe than sorry! Thanks for the tip! ;)

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: I'm planning to give birth at the hospital where my first two were born and where I currently work. I was thinking about going all natural but my BP tends to get high at the end of pregnancy and higher in labor (160/108 before my last epi) so I think I'm probably just gonna go for the epi. I'd rather epi than having to have BP meds pushed and stuff. But I'll rock out on the birth ball and stuff until it's time for that. Gotta make sure that baby is in the right position!
As a nurse can I make a suggestion? I know IVs suck but it might be a good idea to have an IV just set up and saline locked (no fluids running) just in case. If you start bleeding postpartum, it is so important to have an IV and they are a lot harder to place when the bleeding has already started. Your veins collapse from the lack of blood and it just sucks. Other than that your plan sounds great!
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:42 PM
I completely understand that! I'm not one of those pushy people and I'm definitely not judemental. I was just curious as to what other group members where planning on. I always wanted a natural birth but with all of my kiddos so far it hasn't happened due to different complications with each. So I definitely get it that a natural birth isn't safe or even possible for every woman, or every birth. I really hope your labor goes smoothly and is everything you want it to be! 😊

Quoting Royaltydreams81: I won't be drug free because of blood pressure so I will get the Epi and that usually controls it . I will also be induced due to bp, they are scared I will seize again and go thru eclampsia.
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 8:44 PM
That sounds great! I don't want to be too picky, just as long as things go as planned, there are a few things I would really love to happen if possible. This is my last baby and I just hope this birth goes semi according to plan, because none of my others have lol

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: I just have Drug free hospital delivery is my plan. Has worked out thus far
rthurman86
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 9:53 PM
My plan is basically the same as the first two. My husband will be with me while laboring and delivering. I will allow our moms in the room till it's time to push but then they have to go. And no other real visitors till afterwards. I will be getting an epidural, and will be breastfeeding so absolutely no bottles or pacis.
Royaltydreams81
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I so wish I could go all natural and eat and move around that's been my dream since becoming an older mom but my blood pressure just won't allow it unfortunately I'd love t give birth and be able to get up and shower right away instead of waiting for my legs to work again lol . I know all our labors will be different and unique just like we are . Everyone will be perfect for them ..... I will live through your birth plan lol so you must share when it happens ! ❤️

Quoting DKH722: I completely understand that! I'm not one of those pushy people and I'm definitely not judemental. I was just curious as to what other group members where planning on. I always wanted a natural birth but with all of my kiddos so far it hasn't happened due to different complications with each. So I definitely get it that a natural birth isn't safe or even possible for every woman, or every birth. I really hope your labor goes smoothly and is everything you want it to be! 😊

Quoting Royaltydreams81: I won't be drug free because of blood pressure so I will get the Epi and that usually controls it . I will also be induced due to bp, they are scared I will seize again and go thru eclampsia.
Royaltydreams81
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:15 PM
Oh yes and EBF is a must so no bottles or pacifier . Skin to skin right away and I haven't decided about delayed cord clamping I need to do more research on it first .
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 5:53 AM
I don't have the stomach for immediate skin to skin. I make them put a blanket on me first. I could barely touch them before their first bath.

Quoting Royaltydreams81: Oh yes and EBF is a must so no bottles or pacifier . Skin to skin right away and I haven't decided about delayed cord clamping I need to do more research on it first .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)