Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you eating things you're not supposed to?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM
  • 14 Replies
We all know that lunch meat is supposed to be off limits due to listeria, a bacteria that can make you sick. That's a tough one to live by... Who's cheating?
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WeWantMaia
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I definitely am. I have been craving Erbert and Gerbert's and Subway like crazy, but can't stand the thought of warming the meat up. I try to limit myself to once a week or once every two weeks haha. 

GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Nobody tells me how to live my life
island_latina
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:20 PM
Yes, subway
alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 4:02 AM
Third baby, obviously cheating lol. I have coffee daily, lunch meats on occasion, and fried eggs with runny yolks every once in a while too 😉 I just can't deal with all the hysteria about pregnancy anymore.
rthurman86
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 11:47 AM

I eat subway occasionally but I always get the sandwiched warmed up.

GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I never was one to deal with the hysteria. I eat and drink what I what. The only thing I abstain from is alcohol.

The likelihood of getting listeria is the same as it was before pregnancy.... I having been eating cold cuts my entirely life and never for ir

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: Third baby, obviously cheating lol. I have coffee daily, lunch meats on occasion, and fried eggs with runny yolks every once in a while too 😉 I just can't deal with all the hysteria about pregnancy anymore.
WeWantMaia
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 6:16 PM

That's exactly how I feel. I've made it thus far without getting anything like that, and the chances of it happening while I'm pregnant are slim! I've had eggs with runny yolks once since being pregnant and ugh, they're sooo good! 

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: I never was one to deal with the hysteria. I eat and drink what I what. The only thing I abstain from is alcohol. The likelihood of getting listeria is the same as it was before pregnancy.... I having been eating cold cuts my entirely life and never for ir
Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: Third baby, obviously cheating lol. I have coffee daily, lunch meats on occasion, and fried eggs with runny yolks every once in a while too 😉 I just can't deal with all the hysteria about pregnancy anymore.

GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 6:25 PM
And I don't eat the kinds of fish high in mercury. Im a shellfish kinda lady and most is locally caught here. (God I love NE)

Quoting WeWantMaia:

That's exactly how I feel. I've made it thus far without getting anything like that, and the chances of it happening while I'm pregnant are slim! I've had eggs with runny yolks once since being pregnant and ugh, they're sooo good! 

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: I never was one to deal with the hysteria. I eat and drink what I what. The only thing I abstain from is alcohol.

The likelihood of getting listeria is the same as it was before pregnancy.... I having been eating cold cuts my entirely life and never for ir

WeWantMaia
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 10:07 PM

Nice! Yeah, I don't really do seafood at all, only I was craving cod all day, so I got some for dinner :) 

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: And I don't eat the kinds of fish high in mercury. Im a shellfish kinda lady and most is locally caught here. (God I love NE)
Quoting WeWantMaia:

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: I never was one to deal with the hysteria. I eat and drink what I what. The only thing I abstain from is alcohol. The likelihood of getting listeria is the same as it was before pregnancy.... I having been eating cold cuts my entirely life and never for ir

luna321
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2017 at 8:32 PM
Well I started eating eggs again at some point when we were trying and I do eat runny yolks from time to time 😊 Otherwise my mostly plant based diet doesn't really have anything I "shouldn't" eat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)