Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel about co-sleeping?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:18 AM
  • 9 Replies
Will baby sleep in with you or somewhere else for the first month?
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
WeWantMaia
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:15 AM

I'm considering getting a DockaTot or another cosleeper for the first few months because it'll be easier for the middle of the night cluster feeding to just have her an arms length away. I haven't completely made up my mind yet, though. DD3 slept in her Mamaroo next to our bed for the first two weeks of life and then went into her crib in her own room after that and slept through the night starting at 2 weeks old. I know every baby is different, but I'm hoping this one will be just as easy to sleep train, but also don't want to make cosleeping a habit. 

goatmom4
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:18 AM
I like the sidecar thing for bed but one newborn and I slept sitting up in recliner she was tiny and needed help eatting and staying warm
tamidawn
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:03 AM
I'm really hoping for a good little sleeper. I'll probably have her in my room in the bassinet for my maternity leave and then transition her to her crib.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 6:29 PM
Planning to have baby sleep in a swing next to the bed for a bit, then pack n play, then transition to another room and a crib. But we'll see what happens. My other two ended up in bed with us against my will 😞
rthurman86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:28 PM
I co slept with both of my kids and I will probably co sleep with this baby also! My DS started sleeping in his own bed by 7-8 months and DD still cosleeps with us and she's 6. I can't get that child out of my bed, but that will probably change once this baby is here. She's won't like being up all night. 😂
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:09 PM
I will not be doing that with this baby. My kid is seven and I finally got her out of my bed. I'll buy something to allow her to sleep safely in the bed SOMETIMES, but me and SO are all over the place
luna321
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:38 PM
I likely will co-sleep again. It was the only way I slept last time with my postpartum crazy anxiety... we will see. Plus it is just better when breastfeeding. So much easier.
eumontmom
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2017 at 2:48 PM

My DD slept in a rock n sleeper for the first 4 months then we put her in a twin mattress pushed against the wall and our bed was sandwhiching it on the other side. I guess it was a form of co-sleeping but she was on her own mattress. We plan to do the same thing this time around.

DKH722
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 2:24 AM
I think we are going to have something along the lines of that..baby and our 2 yr old dd will be sharing a room eventually and that obviously isnt the best idea immediately unless i want both our girls up all night lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)