Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had my level 2 ultrasound

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
And Mr. Oliver is perfectly perfect! He showed no markers today for DS and is measuring 12ozs. He was so busy kicking and all over the place. His profile looks just like his sister and brothers profile! I'm so happy and relieved to know he showed no markers at all of DS. We met with the genetics counselor also today who said that with my blood pressure and being a twin and a with family history of twins it could have been a vanishing twin syndrome and or my blood pressure that could have caused the false positive! Overall I'm just very pleased with today!!!
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 8:05 PM
WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
luna321
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:41 PM
So glad!!! 😁
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 9:49 PM
I am so happy for yall!! That is so strange that a vanishing twin can cause a false positive! Our little one had a twin, beginning of yolk sac etc were developing before it all broke down and was absorbed. My midwife didn't mention that to me when my blood work came back positive
rthurman86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:08 PM
She said that traces of protein levels from a vanishing twin could have caused the false positive but said blood pressure (which I've had during this pregnancy) could also affect the protein levels also. She said we might not ever know why I came back as a false positive but said those were definitely contenders.

Quoting DKH722: I am so happy for yall!! That is so strange that a vanishing twin can cause a false positive! Our little one had a twin, beginning of yolk sac etc were developing before it all broke down and was absorbed. My midwife didn't mention that to me when my blood work came back positive
WeWantMaia
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:55 PM

Aww yay!! So, so happy for you!! 

tamidawn
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 11:02 PM
So happy for this news!! ❤️
Manda2011
by Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 10:31 AM
Wahooo
island_latina
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2017 at 5:19 PM
Yay!!! Congratulations :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)