Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever had GBS

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
Gbs while pregnant if so what happen?
by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DKH722
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:00 PM
Is GBS the bacteria that is present in the vagina? Sorry, i am blanking right now..if so, i have never been positive for it, but with my second son, my test results didnt make it into my chart, so i had to have the antibiotics until my doctor cleared me. That is all it is, the give you antibiotics throughout your labor and i think they may give your baby antibiotics after birth, i could be wrong about for the baby though
Annisha23
by Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 7:49 AM
Thanks

Quoting DKH722: Is GBS the bacteria that is present in the vagina? Sorry, i am blanking right now..if so, i have never been positive for it, but with my second son, my test results didnt make it into my chart, so i had to have the antibiotics until my doctor cleared me. That is all it is, the give you antibiotics throughout your labor and i think they may give your baby antibiotics after birth, i could be wrong about for the baby though
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 11:51 AM
They'll give you antibiotics during delivery. All three of my previous pregnancies I was positive
Annisha23
by Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 2:05 PM
And your kids was ok?

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: They'll give you antibiotics during delivery. All three of my previous pregnancies I was positive
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Perfect :) even the one I didn't have time for antibiotics for

Quoting Annisha23: And your kids was ok?

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: They'll give you antibiotics during delivery. All three of my previous pregnancies I was positive
alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 10:11 AM
I was positive with my last two. They give you penicillin during labor (unless your allergic then something else). It can be a problem if your labors are fast. With my second I didn't make it to the second dose so I wasnt considered "protected" so baby had to have temp checks every 4 hours for 48 hours. Basically they are just worried about the baby developing sepsis.
mrs.macmanus
by Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I had it with my previous 2 pregnancies. My second baby had a few issues at birth that they think may have been possibly linked to gbs. They couldn't say 100% for sure and I was on antibiotics for the birth. We stayed in the hospital for a few extra days to be monitored and baby turned out to be fine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)