Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else ?

Posted by on May. 26, 2017 at 10:53 AM
  • 10 Replies
Is anyone else thinking of a baby shower? I want to do a diaper party and I actually may do it in august just bc then we can do it outdoors so the kids can play and I know there will be enough space for everyone/everything.
by on May. 26, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ComeWhatWill
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 10:56 AM
No, I won't have a shower, we'll do a welcome home baby party after baby comes home from the NICU. We did the same with our son.
DavidsMommy6.12
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 11:00 AM
I would do that if baby wasn't due in the middle of flu season&I dont want to take chances of baby getting sick. I figure you can get diapers for cheap so :)

Quoting ComeWhatWill: No, I won't have a shower, we'll do a welcome home baby party after baby comes home from the NICU. We did the same with our son.
ComeWhatWill
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 11:02 AM
Everyone we know gets vaccinated for the flu, but since baby will be born early December or sooner, then the NICU, I'm really planning on more of an early spring home coming, past the worst of flu season, but we'll deciding on timing once it happens.

Quoting DavidsMommy6.12: I would do that if baby wasn't due in the middle of flu season&I dont want to take chances of baby getting sick. I figure you can get diapers for cheap so :)

Quoting ComeWhatWill: No, I won't have a shower, we'll do a welcome home baby party after baby comes home from the NICU. We did the same with our son.
BriansWifey727
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 11:03 AM
Depends on if it's a boy I will have a shower but if it's a girl I will have a sip and see after she's here
DavidsMommy6.12
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM
That makes sense :)

Quoting ComeWhatWill: Everyone we know gets vaccinated for the flu, but since baby will be born early December or sooner, then the NICU, I'm really planning on more of an early spring home coming, past the worst of flu season, but we'll deciding on timing once it happens.

Quoting DavidsMommy6.12: I would do that if baby wasn't due in the middle of flu season&I dont want to take chances of baby getting sick. I figure you can get diapers for cheap so :)

DavidsMommy6.12
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Cute :) See I thought about that but 2 of my friends have had boys in the last year and so I asked my friend if she'd set back her sons outgrown clothes in case I have a boy and I'll buy them off her. And if it's a girl well my dd is 2 and I think I still have 3 boxes of her clothes lol. Plus we still have a pack&play,a baby bath,a high chair,a car seat,and my bff is giving me a bouncer/swing.

Quoting BriansWifey727: Depends on if it's a boy I will have a shower but if it's a girl I will have a sip and see after she's here
BriansWifey727
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 2:17 PM
My daughter turns 3 in July and I have a ton of clothes for girls but it probably will be the wrong season.
And for the sip and see I wouldn't want presents just maybe diapers I have everything else.

Quoting DavidsMommy6.12: Cute :) See I thought about that but 2 of my friends have had boys in the last year and so I asked my friend if she'd set back her sons outgrown clothes in case I have a boy and I'll buy them off her. And if it's a girl well my dd is 2 and I think I still have 3 boxes of her clothes lol. Plus we still have a pack&play,a baby bath,a high chair,a car seat,and my bff is giving me a bouncer/swing.

Quoting BriansWifey727: Depends on if it's a boy I will have a shower but if it's a girl I will have a sip and see after she's here
DavidsMommy6.12
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 2:19 PM
Yeah my dd is a summer baby so some stuff this baby may not be able to wear but it's easy to make summer clothes winter wearable. If it's a boy most of the stuff should be right for the seasons since my friends both had March babies.

Quoting BriansWifey727: My daughter turns 3 in July and I have a ton of clothes for girls but it probably will be the wrong season.
And for the sip and see I wouldn't want presents just maybe diapers I have everything else.

Quoting DavidsMommy6.12: Cute :) See I thought about that but 2 of my friends have had boys in the last year and so I asked my friend if she'd set back her sons outgrown clothes in case I have a boy and I'll buy them off her. And if it's a girl well my dd is 2 and I think I still have 3 boxes of her clothes lol. Plus we still have a pack&play,a baby bath,a high chair,a car seat,and my bff is giving me a bouncer/swing.

BriansWifey727
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 2:22 PM
My sister is due in August with another boy so i might have clothes for a boy but all the toys are definitely for a girl and I got rid of a lot when we moved so I'm SOL on like a rocker I have a pack n play but that's basically it

Quoting DavidsMommy6.12: Yeah my dd is a summer baby so some stuff this baby may not be able to wear but it's easy to make summer clothes winter wearable. If it's a boy most of the stuff should be right for the seasons since my friends both had March babies.

Quoting BriansWifey727: My daughter turns 3 in July and I have a ton of clothes for girls but it probably will be the wrong season.

rebeccasmommy09
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 4:44 PM
I'm not planning to have one. If someone offers I'll be grateful but honestly, with this being our 4th, we're pretty well set aside from diapers and a few odds and ends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)