Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for fits!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2008 at 12:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 531 Total Views
okay so i am new at this but needing some ideas. My daughter just turned 3 years old on December 27th, I thought the fits would have started to get better but nope they havent... She is very independent and wants what she wants... and if she doesnt get it then a fit she throws. I dont know how to stop the fits or what to do when she is throwing them??? HELP
by on Jan. 1, 2008 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LisaJ8720
by on Jan. 2, 2008 at 7:46 PM

My son's birthday is the 27th also! When he throws a fit (he is getting better with them) I just ignore him. Seems to work okay. Good luck!

KristyLV
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2008 at 10:45 AM
My DD was 3 on Dec. 6th. Her fit stage was about 6 months ago. I learned if she didn't have an audience she stopped. Just walk away, don't try and reason with her until she calms down. 
DrusMom
by Group Owner on Jan. 10, 2008 at 2:24 PM
I count to 3. I usually just get to one and then he will stop whatever he is doing. If not, then he goes into his room for a time out.
LisaJ8720
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Quoting DrusMom:

I count to 3. I usually just get to one and then he will stop whatever he is doing. If not, then he goes into his room for a time out.

I count to 3 for other stuff & like you usually only get to 1 before he stops. But the fits, I just ignore. He does it for the attention so I just don't give it to him!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)