Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is a TERROR!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2007 at 5:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 718 Total Views

I dont know what to do with her anymore! She has become a terror. I dont even wanna get into the problems with potty training. She never listens. I cant let her in a room by herself for a minute she will trash it! If she goes upstairs to get a toy she goes into my room and trashes it. She touches EVERYTHING! She runs out my front door!
I dont know what to do anymore! Anyone else having problems like this with their 2 yr olds?

by on Aug. 28, 2007 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
narnicles
by Member on Aug. 29, 2007 at 3:38 PM
We had tons of probs with Toby and we finally started making him stand at the door/wall with his nose to it.   His tantrums and mess making was cut down tremendously ....but you have to stick with it.  It will show her who is in charge...
mamatobeauties
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2007 at 1:26 PM
yeah my little gri lwas gettin that way
she trashed her room a few times

till i took out all her toys and gave her a reward chart...everytime she listened and didnt scream she got a star (at the end of the day she got a toy..i picked it out)

FOR TIME OUTS we  got a time out clock from a kids store but a kitchen timer will work too
she really sits ther and waits for the ding,lol ..took her a few times to understand what she was waiting for.

i watch super nanny alot,lol

http://www.christianadhd.com/rewardcharts.html
cheerleadrsaved
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 8:48 PM
I am happy to see this group. My daughter is smart and funny and soooooo stubborn. I feel blessed after reading some of these posts, because she potty trained herself right at 2yo (woke up and said, "I no wear pull-ups anymore" and that was that - no turning back). And she did the same thing with the paci a couple of weeks ago. But... she is throwing these extreme tantrums that are seriously frightening. My husband is worried that she has some problem bigger than just an extended case of the terrible 2s. I was glad to read about the "reward" chart. And I will try that starting tomorrow. If anyone has any other tips or advice, please share. She sometimes will scream and kick for 5 minutes at a time. Today she threw up from screaming so long. I feel like I am failing her.
MyMariah
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 9:32 PM
WOW! You are SO NOT ALONE!!!
I was actually thinking of posting a thread similar to this! My daughter can be the sweetest lil' thing one min. and I swear the next, she is a COMPLETELY different child!
She is into the "no" stage and just does whatever she feels like, no matter what!
She is such a sweety; but doesn't listen to save her life! And the whole room issue is a while 'nother thing too, she TRASHES her room, luckily I can just kinda throw it all back into her huge toybox...
and we are TRYNG to potty train now, and she WILL let me know when she is in the tub that she needs to get out and "go" but other than that, not too much of anything,lol...
I don't really have any advice, but I wanted to let you know you are not alone! and hopefully it's just a phase and our kids wll grow out of it soon....
:-)
mylifemyson04
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2007 at 11:35 AM
I couldn't help but laugh when I read this post. My son is so bad sometimes I just want to cry cuz he frustrates me so much. Every day when I pick him up from daycare I just hate it because I know his teacher has a bad report to give me on what he did wrong. It is usually he pulled a little girls hair or he bit someone or called someone stupid or spit at someone. Everyone tells me I spoil him to much that's why he acts the way he does. But I am a single mom and his dad has little to no contact with him so it is hard for me sometimes to punish him cuz I feel so bad. He is doing really good though he is potty training good I think he will be fully there by his b-day on Christmas. But the whole going to bed by himself thing is the big one right now for me. We moved back in with my parents about 4 mnts ago and we have to share a bed now before he had his own bed and went to bed great but now every night is a struggle to get him to go to bed. And when he cries and says he doesn't want to sleep alone he is scared it just crushes my heart. So i end up laying with him till he is a asleep. But even though he is so bad he can be so good sometimes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)