Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Red Bull

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 6:01 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 113 Total Views

So I never knew this, but Red Bull actually has about the same caffeine content as a cup of coffee. And since I am all out of coffee thanks to my darling child knocking if over and spilling it all over the floor (and my entire kitchen now smells like a Starbucks) I'm resorting to Red Bull. 

I worked last night, got about 4 hours of sleep before the sensation of starving to death woke me up, and I work again to night and have to charge (kill me now!). So Red Bull it is. And yeah, my OB said it was ok. I told her it was either that, or I'm calling out. She begged me to please not do that, since she's on call all weekend. 

May the force be with me tonight! 

by on Jun. 17, 2017 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kajira
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 6:17 PM

I usually have 1 rockstar a day. I've used it for YEARS to control migraines due to the taurine and vitamin B's mixed with it.

I'd take all of those separately and a midwife about 7 years ago suggested it.

Queen_Coffee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 6:19 PM

Quoting kajira:

I usually have 1 rockstar a day. I've used it for YEARS to control migraines due to the taurine and vitamin B's mixed with it.

Mmm, Rockstar!! Love those too. But all I have at home is Redbull right now. If the not sleeping thing becomes a regular thing, I may have to invest, because the cold and carbonation seems to wake me up better than just coffee. Though I LOVE my coffee, but it's more for taste than anything else. 

kajira
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I love coffee too - but when pregnant, my body tolerates the recovery rockstars better, than my black coffee.

Quoting Queen_Coffee:

Quoting kajira:

Mmm, Rockstar!! Love those too. But all I have at home is Redbull right now. If the not sleeping thing becomes a regular thing, I may have to invest, because the cold and carbonation seems to wake me up better than just coffee. Though I LOVE my coffee, but it's more for taste than anything else. 

Queen_Coffee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

For it's been the smell of coffee. When I'm ok, it's fine, but when the nausea hits, that's one of the first things to make me gag and dry heave, so it may be safer to just stick with energy drinks, at least for the first few weeks, hopefully things will straighten out after that! 

Quoting kajira:

I love coffee too - but when pregnant, my body tolerates the recovery rockstars better, than my black coffee.

Quoting Queen_Coffee:

Quoting kajira:

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2017 at 9:03 PM
I can't do coffee, but energy drinks have no effect on me. Doesn't wake me up or give me a push I need. Not even the 24 hour energy shots lol
noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2017 at 12:09 PM
I don't drink coffee but I know how hard it is! I worked Friday night and yesterday I felt like a walking zombie, lol! I had to spread my night shifts apart because doing them back to back would kill me right now! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Queen_Coffee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Quoting noonelikeme564: I don't drink coffee but I know how hard it is! I worked Friday night and yesterday I felt like a walking zombie, lol! I had to spread my night shifts apart because doing them back to back would kill me right now! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I just did three in a row and I'm done. Totally done. I don't know how I'm going to survive the rest of the first trimester like this. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)