Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm freaking out. It's possibly ectopic?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:40 AM
  • 43 Replies
  • 591 Total Views

I had some pink tinged bleeding (that turned into redish dark blood this morning.)

HCG rised from 51, to 338, so a doubling time of about 17 hours, so well within normal range.

Doctor said that's hopeful, but the bleeding and lack of anything in the uterus make them suspect I might miscarry, or that it's ectopic.

I have to go for scans and labs in 2-3 days, and then again at the beginning of next week to verify 100% that there's something in my uterus before making a decision. I'm freaked out a little bit. The blood was enough to panic me, but them thinking it might be ectopic has me floored. :(

When I asked for signs of ectopic that I should be worried about, they just said pain and bleeding (which is why I went to the ER! Ugh)

I'm trying to stay calm, but my ovary is about 20x it's normal size, and I'm supposed to be laying flat so I don't squish it and risk a torsion. It's so big and swollen, (my right ovary) it's pushing on my uterus. They are worried I'm going to end up in the ER needing emergency surgery to repair or remove that ovary if I move because of how swollen it is.

I just don't even know what to think right now. I feel like the tech didn't even TRY to find anything in my uterus, she just saw the ovary, and spent an hour taking pictures of it and the fluid around it, and confirmed that I had a cyst rupture on my left side (the pain I felt anyways.) 

the doctor said there's no way the cyst rupturing caused the spotting, so he doesn't know what is causing it, but makes them think potentially ectopic.

They said even with an ectopic, the #'s could rise the same, and the numbers doubling every 17 hours isn't a good indicator of a viable pregnancy especially with no signs of anything in the uterus. 

However, since it's still "so early" they sent me home with no answers, and a wait and see and "we don't want your tube to burst so come back if bleeding gets heavier or you start having intense pain."

Thanks :( Trying to stay calm here, but it's so not easy right now.

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Acciobooks
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:45 AM
I hate that you are going through this. I am keeping you in my prayers.
kajira
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:57 AM

I talked to my RE - they want me to do labs every 2-3 days, to make sure it's continuing to rise appropriately, and then do scans on my ovaries 1-2x this week and next week, then come up there around 6 weeks for my first ultrasound.

We can do an ultrasound thurs/tues and then fri or tues the next week? Something like that. I need to figure out exactly whats going on. Need to get ahold of the dr's office.

Quoting Acciobooks: I hate that you are going through this. I am keeping you in my prayers.

LittlemissJ
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:17 AM
Sorry your going through this. Sending hugs!
noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:56 AM
I had bleeding at the beginning of this pregnancy and everything turned out fine! And as far as the doubling time, mines did that with my daughter, in fact her numbers were more than tripled every other day! Based on your levels, it's normal not to be seeing anything in your uterus yet. Doctors always give you the worse scenarios, but never the positives! I'm praying everything turns out ok and baby is just fine...in your uterus!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️️❤️️❤️
jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:17 AM
Oh no so sorry!! Fx all is well
Alismommy
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:18 AM
Try not to worry! HCG of 338 is too low to see anything in the uterus by ultrasound. I do ultrasounds and we usually don't see anything until around levels of 1000. Usually HCG rises slower with an ectopic, so it's a good sign your HCG is doubling. The pain you are having is most likely from your ruptured cyst. They always have to be cautious about ectopic possibility and the only way to rule that out is to see a gestational sac with yolk sac in the uterus. I'm sorry you're going through this!
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully it was just the custard ovary causing your bleeding I actually had heavy bleeding from my cyst.
ReaIisticbeauti
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh no. Sending positive vibes your way!
kajira
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:42 PM

She saw some stuff in the uterus, but she refused to try harder to actually see what it was. I woudl expect a 4 week ultrasound with a black circle in the uterus to possibly be the start of a viable pregnancy.

I saw a couple of these black round circles and couldn't get her to go back and actually look at them better :( 

Quoting Alismommy: Try not to worry! HCG of 338 is too low to see anything in the uterus by ultrasound. I do ultrasounds and we usually don't see anything until around levels of 1000. Usually HCG rises slower with an ectopic, so it's a good sign your HCG is doubling. The pain you are having is most likely from your ruptured cyst. They always have to be cautious about ectopic possibility and the only way to rule that out is to see a gestational sac with yolk sac in the uterus. I'm sorry you're going through this!

kajira
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:00 PM

I posted the ultrasounds on this thread ^^^^

Quoting noonelikeme564: I had bleeding at the beginning of this pregnancy and everything turned out fine! And as far as the doubling time, mines did that with my daughter, in fact her numbers were more than tripled every other day! Based on your levels, it's normal not to be seeing anything in your uterus yet. Doctors always give you the worse scenarios, but never the positives! I'm praying everything turns out ok and baby is just fine...in your uterus!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️️❤️️❤️

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)