Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling discouraged *update*

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 223 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Update....

So right after all of this I ended up with a UTI. It was an awful week but this week is much better.

My doctor was not helpful with the possible thrush or something like it. I got an over the counter antifungal and that's helping a lot.

We also decided to switch to formula, which kills me. I've been unsure about him getting enough milk for a while and this infection or whatever didn't help. He's taking to it pretty well though.

I saw the dietitian Thursday and she said she doesn't want me to worry about amount of calories I eat, but to watch the carbs. She also says that she thinks I'm doing really well so far. It was very encouraging.

Overall things are getting much better. The gestational diabetes is still overwhelming at times but I'm getting it. Oh and I got to hear the baby's heart beat when I went in for my uti. :)

Thank you guys for your words of encouragement!

I feel like everything is coming at a head and I'm ready to just break down :(.

I've been poking my finger for almost a week now 4 times a day . I'm trying to figure out what foods I can have and what doesn't work for me.

I'm stressed about what I can and can't eat,the 1800cal diet they want me on while pregnant and nursing, my fingers hurt, what he's eating (more regular food less milk) , if he's getting enough milk, and now I have some thing wrong with my nipples :(.

It hurts I don't know what doctor I call about it. A regular doctor, my obgyn, the pediatrician(of the baby has something idk) I just want to quit.

I feel guilty thinking about giving up on breastfeeding (I've shed so many tears already thinking about it) but I don't know what else to do. Something has to change.

My husband feels bad because he can't really help and he knows I'm struggling.

OK pitty party is over. I know it's not the end of the world. The baby is being fed either way. My numbers are not bad. It is only temperaray. I have so much to be thankful for.

by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:26 PM
I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time 😌. I really have no idea which doc to call about it. I hope it gets resolved.
island_latina
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:28 PM
Im sorry you ate going through all that. I would call my ob/gyn about the pain. I hope you get some relief soon.
OKH031214
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 9:48 PM
Call your ob. I don't know how old your nursing baby is...but don't stress your self out too bad. I am assuming you have GD too. I poke myself all the time and take 5 insulin shots a a day. There are days that I insert a needle and cry. It's a lot. Be kind to yourself right now.
noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2017 at 4:32 PM
Sorry momma!😔❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
butterflycircle
by Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 6:55 AM
Wow, I don't know how you do it. I called my ob and is sending some ointment. Today will be a better day. Everything just piled up.

Quoting OKH031214: Call your ob. I don't know how old your nursing baby is...but don't stress your self out too bad. I am assuming you have GD too. I poke myself all the time and take 5 insulin shots a a day. There are days that I insert a needle and cry. It's a lot. Be kind to yourself right now.
butterflycircle
by Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I called her and she sending ointment for me. Is taking forever lol. Then I went in to see her because I think I have a uti. Her in office tests say I'm fine but she's sending the sample out for better testing and gave me antibiotics. 1 dose and I'm already starting to feel better. Today will be better.

Quoting island_latina: Im sorry you ate going through all that. I would call my ob/gyn about the pain. I hope you get some relief soon.
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 8:38 AM
Glad you're feeling better
kajira
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I just weaned my toddler, she's 16+ months. she's the shortest nursing baby I've had, and honestly, I don't feel bad about it at all. I might have, had she been my first nursling, or my preemie - but she' shealthy and growing and doing just fine.

Don't feel bad about baby eating foods and other milk. Baby is healthy, and you need to be healthy, too.

island_latina
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 6:13 PM
So glad ypu are starting to feel better :)

Quoting butterflycircle: Thank you. I called her and she sending ointment for me. Is taking forever lol. Then I went in to see her because I think I have a uti. Her in office tests say I'm fine but she's sending the sample out for better testing and gave me antibiotics. 1 dose and I'm already starting to feel better. Today will be better.

Quoting island_latina: Im sorry you ate going through all that. I would call my ob/gyn about the pain. I hope you get some relief soon.
Scarlett.rose13
by Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 12:31 PM

I'm sorry you're having a hard time.

when dd stopped nursing, I had a really hard time. She was fine one day, and then the next day she refused it and would only take bottles. I was so concerned something was wrong because she never took bottles before. I called her pediatrician and she assured me nothing was wrong. dd was about a year old and was eaing actual foods. so I gave her a bottle for about a week, and then we switched to sippy cups.

I hope things get better for you, hon. Hang in there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)