Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anemia

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:09 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 98 Total Views
I seem to have low iron earlier and earlier with each pregnancy. I can't seem to get myself off the couch by 2 pm so I asked the doctor to take my blood to see how it is. Surprise surprise, Already quite low. Do any of you tend to have the same problem? What are some ways you avoid it or help get everything back to close to normal?
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:28 AM
I'm very exhausted and most days I struggle to even function. Last pregnancy everything came back fine so I expect it to be the same this time.

Eating more red meats and green leafy vegetables is what's supposed to help as well as supplements of course
noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:30 AM
I always have low iron during pregnancy which seems to worsen as I get further along. I'm always on supplements for iron about 3xs a day during pregnancy and my iron is still always low?! For me, I don't think I can avoid it as I was on iron supplements before pregnancy to try to reserve and baby still took everything I had, lol! I've upped my spinach intake a bit so well see if that helps at my 28 week visit. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
island_latina
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2017 at 5:19 AM
I had anemia with my twins but so far im ok. Then again I haven't been checked recently.
kajira
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2017 at 11:43 AM

I eat a lot of red meat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)