Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking powder gender test

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
I was reading online about silly gender tests and figured I'd try the baking powder one. According to my results, it's a boy. I haven't ever done any of these tests with my previous pregnancies so am not sure if they are even accurate or not but figured it would be fun. Anyone else tried them and they were right?
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kculpepper14
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 6:37 PM
How do you do the baking powder test?
Mommy2Kailyn
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kculpepper14: How do you do the baking powder test?

You take 1-2 Tbsp of baking soda and/or powder and put it in a cup. Pour in equal amounts of urine into the cup. If it starts bubbling or foaming resembling a frothy beer then its a boy. If there is no reaction and/or a few bubbles and then pretty much nothing then it is a girl. When I did it, it started foaming immediately. I told my hubby it was like a beer and he was grossed out, lol. He said he may never drink another beer again with that comparison, hahaha!!

Mommy2dbc
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:49 PM
I did this, at my sisters in laws request for fun and it came out I'm having a girl.
Mommy2Kailyn
by Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:13 AM
That's interesting. When I did it, I was wondering if it always started foaming but I guess not if yours said girl. It will be interesting to see what we will actually end up having.

Quoting Mommy2dbc: I did this, at my sisters in laws request for fun and it came out I'm having a girl.
big_red05
by Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm I'll have to try it for fun! I think it's a boy but my partner thinks it's a girl
mommacj3
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2017 at 2:06 AM
Would be fun to try and then see what the results will be!!
Mommy2Kailyn
by Member on Aug. 31, 2017 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommacj3: Would be fun to try and then see what the results will be!!

Yes!! I did this test twice and both times it bubbled and foamed stating boy but that was before I found out I'm having twins. So, it will be interesting to see if my twins will be the same gender or opposite. I'll keep u updated. 

lovemylife_15
by Member on Aug. 31, 2017 at 6:45 PM
It was accurate with my son
Mommy2Kailyn
by Member on Sep. 1, 2017 at 1:38 PM

Quoting lovemylife_15: It was accurate with my son

For my husbands sake, I really am hoping at least one of these babies is a boy. He's been wanting a boy sooooo bad. We currently have two sweet girls who he adores but I know deep down he wants a boy to rough house with. We were giving it one more go being getting pregnant again and then we found out they are twins so I have double the chance. It would be cool to get twin boys then I'd have two and two. I'll be happy with any gender though as long as my pregnancy goes smooth and we have healthy babies. I'm pretty sure this will be my last pregnancy though as my husband was thinking he'd be happy with just 3 and once we found out we will have 4, he kept saying yeah I think I'll be done, lol. He always said 3 would be his max even though I always had a strange gut feeling we'd have 4. 

butterflycircle
by Member on Sep. 11, 2017 at 10:59 PM

With my last pregnancy I did the baking soda test and it said boy and I had a boy :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)