Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scary day yesterday

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I am 12 weeks pregnant and was out shopping for maternity clothes yesterday when I had a sudden GUSH of blood and clot. I've never bled like that before except right after birth. It soaked the whole front of my pants and I just basically dropped everything and ran to my car.

Luckily my OB was able to get me in immediately for an ultrasound. As soon as she got the probe up to my belly she says, "there's the heartbeat!" It was the biggest relief!!

I was scheduled for my NT ultrasound this morning, but the baby was in the perfect position so they just did it yesterday. We are waiting for official results with the labs, but it was reassuring as the scan was well within normal and they were able to see a nasal bone.

She found a tiny subchorionic bleed, but it must have either evacuated all at once or the bleeding was from somewhere else, but either way they said there's nothing they see that is cause for concern. Baby is very active, hr in the150s, active, the placenta looked good, etc. so it went from being a terrifying day to good news!
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
faith610
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:44 PM
Oh wow! So happy everything looks good. I can only imagine how scary that was for you!! *hugs* what a relief!
HollyLM26
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:19 PM
Aww. ((Hugs)) so glad everything turned out great
Salvadorena
by Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 11:49 AM
Scary 😢 but Im happy to hear a happy ending!! Yay
B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 12:49 PM
I know what you mean I had I ended with this pregnancy and my second dd's pregnancy. They both healed on their own.

I'm glad you got to see baby and baby is ok. Praying you heal quickly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)