Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy and work

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:27 PM
  • 3 Replies
I work from home which is great. I have been watching the same children for over a year. I am trying to figure what my plans need to be. I don't want to lose the kids. I have grown so attached to them. 18 month old twins and a 2 year old. What should i do for maternity leave ? I was asked by a mom today. I was thinking taking 4 weeks off, and then hire a part time helper for another few weeks. All of the parents seem to want to work with me on it. I can't really afford more than a month off because were trying to buy a home. So everything is getting a little stressful.
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
faith610
by Member on Sep. 30, 2017 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm trying to figure out the same, except I'm a nanny that travels to their home. With my second I went back to them when she was only 2 weeks old (my kids come with me!) I'm really not sure if I can pull that off again with two under 3 this time around!
HollyLM26
by Member on Oct. 1, 2017 at 8:57 AM
Its so hard to figure these things out!
Im just wondering if i should take the 6 weeks off now. Then i may have a kid not come back, which i understand also. I've never had problems keeping kids here. Just all stressful. Lol

So what is your family you work for saying? Have the asked what your going to do ?

Quoting faith610: I'm trying to figure out the same, except I'm a nanny that travels to their home. With my second I went back to them when she was only 2 weeks old (my kids come with me!) I'm really not sure if I can pull that off again with two under 3 this time around!
Thewife06
by Member on Oct. 2, 2017 at 1:42 AM
I run an in home daycare. I think I'm going to take 3 months off and have them go to my friend who is already my alternate daycare provider. Worst case scenario, I can simply have her come here while I sleep.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)