Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wish you knew more or less about childbirth?

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2017 at 8:08 AM
  • 7 Replies
Have you ever witnessed a birth? Whose was it, and do you think it helped prepare you (or scare you)?
by on Dec. 23, 2017 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hotmama404
by on Dec. 23, 2017 at 8:12 AM
I knew as much as I could. I saw my first live birth at 11yo for take you daughter to work day. I watched so many birthing shows and read books, researched, and asked questions. I pushed my first kid out in about 30 seconds. The Drs were amazed. Lol! My best friend didn't want to know anything. It just depends on the person.
Lovebugbaby
by Member on Dec. 25, 2017 at 10:06 PM

I honestly wish I was less prepared. I had my oldest DD when I was 18. I knew NOTHING. I should have taken the classes, or read the books, but I didn't. I ready the handouts the OB sent me home with, but that was it. That was the best pregnancy/labor ever. I ate the sandwiches, I drank the soda. My water broke in bed, I got to the hospital and was 8 cm, no epi, and baby was born by noon. 

Last baby I was more prepared. This time, epi, about 11 hours of labor, etc. Not bad, but I wish it was an easy as DD1. 

This go around I obviously don't know about L&D, but just thiiiiinking about it is driving me crazy.  

monalisasus
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 7:03 PM
I have homebirth so I'm happy about how much I know and trust in the process
kcangel63
by Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:15 PM
I know as much as I can. Other than a few experiences (breech, twins, etc...), I’ve been through a lot on my own.

Baby 11
Home birth 8
Unassisted Birth 6

I’ve been studying birth for 12 years.
I would love to attend a birth that isn’t my own though. That would be awesome.
Ditzyblondemom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:29 PM

I was nervous with my 1st pregnancy but still went in as prepared as I could by taken childbirth classes to get as much knowledge as a could as to what was most likely going to happen. I will do the same thing with this pregnancy as well even though I am a bit more prepared for this one.

I have never witnessed another birth though or been a coach.

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:50 PM

I'm not worried about childbirth at all...I am worried that I might need a C-section if the placenta previa doesn't move.  I've never had one, and I don't want to start now.

monalisasus
by Member on Jan. 8, 2018 at 11:46 AM
This is a funny poll. Knowledge is power and makes things less scary. I would have had a c section with my first if I knew less. I would have switched to formula if I knew less. I would have trusted hospital policy if I knew less. Knowledge is everything. There is always "I wish I knew then what I know now", but thats growth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)