Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was Everyone's Christmas?!?!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 12:30 PM
  • 20 Replies

Did everyone have a nice holiday?  Was it exhausting?  Relaxing?  Did anyone get anything special?

by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Unfortunately I've been pretty sick.  We have had back to back illness around here, and it's been over a month now of cycling through.  This last one came with fever.  Of course the show must go on, somehow it always gets pulled off.  

We always do prime rib for christmas dinner, it's actually pretty easy to prepare, so that part wasn't too bad.  My husband, got 4 pounds of Sees candy for me, LOL!  We are from CA, and Sees is everywhere, but we live in NC, and we don't have any at all.  They have a seasonal shop in the mall though, so he got enough for me AND the baby, HAHA!  My Dad moved in with us last month, and gave us a gift card and wants us to go out to dinner alone, LOL....He said he will take hte kids to dinner.  The funny thing is, our oldest child will be 18 in April...my husband and I have NEVER been out to dinner alone.  Even when we were dating, my husband already had a 5 year old, so she was always with us.  Our youngest is 7, and she told me 3 times yesterday that she will really miss us when we got to dinner, LOL!  

mammabear413
by Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 7:27 PM
It was nice kids opened their toys played all day. Hubby made lasagna it was good. My sister and a freind bought me baby clothes for the new baby so that was nice. Getting me more excited. Lol
Manic_Sinner
by Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 11:05 PM
Our Christmas was great. We enjoyed spending time with his family. I hope you feel better!
Thewife06
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 9:41 AM
The kids played together all day and were just SO sweet. My husband and I wound up getting the same thing for each other for our instant pot, LOL! And then the last oresebt was mine. My husband had ordered chocolates from my favorite store in Belgium. He actually had heard me say recently that I missed good chocolate and went off and ordered a 5lb box! I was beyond happy.

Unfortunately I was hurting so bad doe to sciatica pain that I couldn't walk or move much at all. So Christmas dinner will be at some point this week, probably tomorrow evening because I should have time to make homemade noodles tomorrow.
mrsniebo
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Christmas was okay. The kids have had a great time seeing cousins and playing with their gifts. The fire alarm went off at the hotel we were staying at, so that made things a bit more interesting. Compared to the last couple of years, Christmas went a lot better this year.
HisUsmcWifey
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 9:37 PM
Christmas was amazing as usual! My girls are spoiled rotten and got lots of amazing gifts, I made clam chowder which is my husbands family tradition, and we all sat around in our pajamas enjoying the day.
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 12:00 PM

Sounds like a wonderful day :)  I'm getting more excited now too.  I know the time will fly by.

Quoting mammabear413: It was nice kids opened their toys played all day. Hubby made lasagna it was good. My sister and a freind bought me baby clothes for the new baby so that was nice. Getting me more excited. Lol

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Aw, that sounds like a wonderful time.  Thank you, it's not fun having a cough with a big belly too.  

Quoting Manic_Sinner: Our Christmas was great. We enjoyed spending time with his family. I hope you feel better!

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 12:03 PM

Sounds like a wonderful time!   What did you get for your instant pot?  I love my instant pot, LOL...I'm wondering what you got that I might need ;)  

I'm sorry about your Sciatica :(  So miserable!  

Quoting Thewife06: The kids played together all day and were just SO sweet. My husband and I wound up getting the same thing for each other for our instant pot, LOL! And then the last oresebt was mine. My husband had ordered chocolates from my favorite store in Belgium. He actually had heard me say recently that I missed good chocolate and went off and ordered a 5lb box! I was beyond happy. Unfortunately I was hurting so bad doe to sciatica pain that I couldn't walk or move much at all. So Christmas dinner will be at some point this week, probably tomorrow evening because I should have time to make homemade noodles tomorrow.

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 12:05 PM

Well, I'm glad it was better than years past...fire alarm though...yikes!  My husband was recently working out of town.  The fire alarm went off, but my husband didn't evacuate, he thought it was a prank, or a drill....Soooooo, the fire men weren't too happy when they had to go up to get him, LOL!  

Quoting mrsniebo: Christmas was okay. The kids have had a great time seeing cousins and playing with their gifts. The fire alarm went off at the hotel we were staying at, so that made things a bit more interesting. Compared to the last couple of years, Christmas went a lot better this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)