Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was Everyone's Christmas?!?!

Posted by   + Show Post

Did everyone have a nice holiday?  Was it exhausting?  Relaxing?  Did anyone get anything special?

by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 12:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 12:06 PM

Sounds like a relaxing day :)  My favorite kind!  

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: Christmas was amazing as usual! My girls are spoiled rotten and got lots of amazing gifts, I made clam chowder which is my husbands family tradition, and we all sat around in our pajamas enjoying the day.

Thewife06
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:03 PM
I got a double stacked pot to do rice AND veggies at the same time! I also bought the same thing for my husband. 😂🤣 I bought him a steamer, he bought me a springform pan.

I'm able to walk around more and more again! Still hurts, but nowhere NEAR as bad!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Sounds like a wonderful time!   What did you get for your instant pot?  I love my instant pot, LOL...I'm wondering what you got that I might need ;)  I'm sorry about your Sciatica :(  So miserable!  

Quoting Thewife06: The kids played together all day and were just SO sweet. My husband and I wound up getting the same thing for each other for our instant pot, LOL! And then the last oresebt was mine. My husband had ordered chocolates from my favorite store in Belgium. He actually had heard me say recently that I missed good chocolate and went off and ordered a 5lb box! I was beyond happy.

Unfortunately I was hurting so bad doe to sciatica pain that I couldn't walk or move much at all. So Christmas dinner will be at some point this week, probably tomorrow evening because I should have time to make homemade noodles tomorrow.

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:23 PM

HAHA!  That's funny!  I'm thinking of getting a second pot...when I do things like rice...I make 6 cups of dry rice at a time...so I couldn't do something else in addition to.  I wonder if there is a stacker for spring forms....that would be awesome to do two cheesecakes at a time.  One is just enough for each of us to have one slice.  

Quoting Thewife06: I got a double stacked pot to do rice AND veggies at the same time! I also bought the same thing for my husband. 😂🤣 I bought him a steamer, he bought me a springform pan. I'm able to walk around more and more again! Still hurts, but nowhere NEAR as bad!
Quoting Angela4boys:

Sounds like a wonderful time!   What did you get for your instant pot?  I love my instant pot, LOL...I'm wondering what you got that I might need ;)  I'm sorry about your Sciatica :(  So miserable!  

Quoting Thewife06: The kids played together all day and were just SO sweet. My husband and I wound up getting the same thing for each other for our instant pot, LOL! And then the last oresebt was mine. My husband had ordered chocolates from my favorite store in Belgium. He actually had heard me say recently that I missed good chocolate and went off and ordered a 5lb box! I was beyond happy. Unfortunately I was hurting so bad doe to sciatica pain that I couldn't walk or move much at all. So Christmas dinner will be at some point this week, probably tomorrow evening because I should have time to make homemade noodles tomorrow.

Thewife06
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:28 PM
I don't think there's stackable springform.... but at least the instant pot makes them quickly!

Quoting Angela4boys:

HAHA!  That's funny!  I'm thinking of getting a second pot...when I do things like rice...I make 6 cups of dry rice at a time...so I couldn't do something else in addition to.  I wonder if there is a stacker for spring forms....that would be awesome to do two cheesecakes at a time.  One is just enough for each of us to have one slice.  

Quoting Thewife06: I got a double stacked pot to do rice AND veggies at the same time! I also bought the same thing for my husband. 😂🤣 I bought him a steamer, he bought me a springform pan.

I'm able to walk around more and more again! Still hurts, but nowhere NEAR as bad!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Thewife06: The kids played together all day and were just SO sweet. My husband and I wound up getting the same thing for each other for our instant pot, LOL! And then the last oresebt was mine. My husband had ordered chocolates from my favorite store in Belgium. He actually had heard me say recently that I missed good chocolate and went off and ordered a 5lb box! I was beyond happy.

Unfortunately I was hurting so bad doe to sciatica pain that I couldn't walk or move much at all. So Christmas dinner will be at some point this week, probably tomorrow evening because I should have time to make homemade noodles tomorrow.

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:32 PM

So true :)

Quoting Thewife06: I don't think there's stackable springform.... but at least the instant pot makes them quickly!
Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Thewife06: I got a double stacked pot to do rice AND veggies at the same time! I also bought the same thing for my husband. 😂🤣 I bought him a steamer, he bought me a springform pan. I'm able to walk around more and more again! Still hurts, but nowhere NEAR as bad!
Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Thewife06: The kids played together all day and were just SO sweet. My husband and I wound up getting the same thing for each other for our instant pot, LOL! And then the last oresebt was mine. My husband had ordered chocolates from my favorite store in Belgium. He actually had heard me say recently that I missed good chocolate and went off and ordered a 5lb box! I was beyond happy. Unfortunately I was hurting so bad doe to sciatica pain that I couldn't walk or move much at all. So Christmas dinner will be at some point this week, probably tomorrow evening because I should have time to make homemade noodles tomorrow.

Ditzyblondemom
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:33 PM

Ours was nice. Not really relaxing but a lot of fun watching how excitied my 19 month old baby girl was. 

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Holidays can be so hectic for mom....but there is nothing more special than experiencing it through the eyes of a child.  :)

Quoting Ditzyblondemom:

Ours was nice. Not really relaxing but a lot of fun watching how excitied my 19 month old baby girl was. 

Ditzyblondemom
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:38 PM

Yes indeed, keeping the house clean as we had family and friends over on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Holidays can be so hectic for mom....but there is nothing more special than experiencing it through the eyes of a child.  :)

Quoting Ditzyblondemom:

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:45 PM

Very nice :)  Thank goodness we always have fond memories, and forget the exhaustion part ;)

Quoting Ditzyblondemom:

Yes indeed, keeping the house clean as we had family and friends over on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Ditzyblondemom:

Ditzyblondemom
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 1:50 PM

Yeah, the exhaustion part can go away with a nice relaxing bubble bath and foot massage from hubby, but the memories of seeing my little girls face will be etched in my brain forever. Her first Christmas she was 7 months old so she was just a little into it because we made a huge deal, but this year she is 19 months and she was into it. 

Quoting Angela4boys:

Very nice :)  Thank goodness we always have fond memories, and forget the exhaustion part ;)

Quoting Ditzyblondemom:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting Ditzyblondemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)