Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

22 Weeks and announced to the family

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 4:04 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

At a certain point, announcing a pregnancy can be stressful. It’s jumping mental hurdles, and sometimes takes a while before you make the plunge. Expecting baby 11.

We went to my parents’ the day after Christmas. My parents, brother and his girlfriend, nephews, and Sister were there. I wore my pregnancy announcement shirt. Lol!
**23 weeks tomorrow (Saturday)**

I ran to the store and my sister told her son (17 yrs old) that she thinks I might be pregnant. He told her “That would explain her shirt”. Ha ha ha!! She didn’t even notice my shirt. She was excited and asking if I was feeling kicks yet.

My mom already knew because she asked a couple weeks ago (we only see each other once a month or so and I’ve been bundled up due to the cold lately). My dad laughed and asked if I was going for a dozen or bakers dozen. 🙂
It was a good experience.
Now, to let my inlaws know. Or not. >.>
They’re negative Nancy’s.
by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ditzyblondemom
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 4:08 PM

Congratulations.

mrsniebo
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 5:06 PM
Congratulations!
mammabear413
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 8:43 PM
Congrats ! Too funny she didn’t notice the shirt
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:29 PM

LOL!  That's a good story!  Totlly oblivious to what is right in front of their eyes, haha!  Glad things wen't well...hopefully the inlaws go the same.  I was preparing for the fact that someone would probably mention my age.  Nobody did...to me.  The one person that did was my husbands Aunt.  She immediately called my husband and said..."how old are you?"  And "how old is Angela?"  The next phone call was..."do you guys have the space for a baby?"  LOL.  It's not like we live in a shack.  Our kids do share rooms, I don't think she would ever have kids share rooms...but she has an only child, haha!

Lovebugbaby
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:32 PM

Level 1 expert? Pssssh, at 11 kids you are a GURU! Lol 

Cute shirt!!

lildonsmommy
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:46 PM
This is baby number 5 for us. I totally feel you in this. Besides grandparents (who had 11 and 7 kids) most my family members have 2-3 kids. When I had my fourth I got all the congrats but I also got I hope you aren’t thinking about having more. I was pretty nervous to announce this pregnancy but it went fairly well. Close family are super happy and a little more distant family don’t seem to care very much.

Quoting kcangel63:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

At a certain point, announcing a pregnancy can be stressful. It’s jumping mental hurdles, and sometimes takes a while before you make the plunge. Expecting baby 11.

We went to my parents’ the day after Christmas. My parents, brother and his girlfriend, nephews, and Sister were there. I wore my pregnancy announcement shirt. Lol!
**23 weeks tomorrow (Saturday)**

I ran to the store and my sister told her son (17 yrs old) that she thinks I might be pregnant. He told her “That would explain her shirt”. Ha ha ha!! She didn’t even notice my shirt. She was excited and asking if I was feeling kicks yet.

My mom already knew because she asked a couple weeks ago (we only see each other once a month or so and I’ve been bundled up due to the cold lately). My dad laughed and asked if I was going for a dozen or bakers dozen. 🙂
It was a good experience.
Now, to let my inlaws know. Or not. >.>
They’re negative Nancy’s.
kcangel63
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 10:38 PM
The L looks like a 1. Lol

Level: Expert

;)

It did trick me at one point too.

Quoting Lovebugbaby:

Cute shirt!!

Lovebugbaby
by Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 7:57 PM

Oh GEEZ!! How could I not see that?! Lol *facepalm*

Quoting kcangel63: The L looks like a 1. Lol Level: Expert ;) It did trick me at one point too.
Quoting Lovebugbaby:

Cute shirt!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)