Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a.....and other weird news

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 7:00 PM
  • 12 Replies
Boy!! But in the U/s there was a bright spot on the heart which 99% is nothing but they still made me talk to a genetic counselor because I'm 35 and that increased odds of down syndrome to 1%. Way to scare a women. I go in for blood test next week to see if they can do more screening for it. It was all so serious.
by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mammabear413
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 8:41 PM
Congrats on the boy. They don’t do a routine blood work on genetic testing anyways ? They always do genetic testing when I get my 12 wrk scan. I’m sure it’s nothjng. Hugs.
monalisasus
by Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 3:22 PM
I usually deny any of the early testing as to not worry. Even if that test was negative they still have to let me know a bright spot is a soft marker for down syndrome. After reading more it seems scientists/researchers don't actually agree on that.
OhHappyDays
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Congratulations on the boy, and I'm sorry about the rest :( Hopefully all is well!

faith610
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 5:41 AM
Congratulations! Praying what they saw turns out to be nothing of concern! We actually went through the Down syndrome possibility with our second. So we had the harmony test done at 18 weeks after our anatomy scan, just so we could know. It wouldn’t have changed a thing for us, I just wanted to know. ❤️
mrsniebo
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:18 AM
Congrats on your boy! Hopefully the bright spot turns out to be nothing significant. I understand how worrying that can be- my third baby had a cyst on her brain at 20 weeks that could have been a sign of Trisomy 18. It ended up being something she outgrew by 28 weeks. Hopefully your situation will have a similar outcome.
HisUsmcWifey
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:31 AM
Congrats on your baby boy, I’m sure the spot is nothing to be worried about.
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:42 PM

Ugh, I hate that you have that to worry about.  I'm going to be 41 when baby arrives...and they made sure I knew that 1 in 40 babies born to mothers my age....blah blah blah.  I know that with that, the markers for me would be high, I can't deal with the worry so I said no to all of it.

Lovebugbaby
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:25 PM

Aww congrats! And fingers crossed it's nothing serious =) 

monalisasus
by Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll get test results next week. Fingers crossed.
monalisasus
by Member on Jan. 8, 2018 at 11:36 AM
3 moms liked this
All tests are normal! Huge anxiety reliever!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)