Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking kids to the hospital

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 11:32 AM
  • 33 Replies
I was planning on a midwife and homebirth but if insurance pays for more on a hospital birth that's what we will be doing. I'm not thrilled about it at all. But money is sadly the deciding factor : /.
I don't want to stress about waiting on someone to watch the kids when I go in labor. (I also know I would need to ask hospital if it's ok for them to even be there.) Has anyone taken their kids with them to the hospital when they went in labor? My ds is 5 and Dd is 2. I'm only 9 weeks and have plenty of time to think about these things but it's something that stresses me out.
by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovingmama726
by Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 12:31 PM
I'm a csection but I'm trying to decide if I wanna have them their waiting or pick them up after or wait till the next day when I'm feeling better
RutterMama
by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 12:42 PM

I haven't taken mine, my son was 3.5 when my daughter was born. We had a plan for him. But I'm super stressed now because they are 10 & 7 and I have no idea what we will do with them.

tuckermum
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 12:59 PM
How old are they? My mom lives an hour away so I wouldn't want to have to wait to see how long it would take her to get there.

Quoting lovingmama726: I'm a csection but I'm trying to decide if I wanna have them their waiting or pick them up after or wait till the next day when I'm feeling better
tuckermum
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 1:01 PM
Have you talked about what they'd like to do? My Dd was born I had an induction (insurance reasons) so my mom just stayed the night and ds stayed with her. But my mom lives an hour away so I don't want to have to stress on how long it would take her and even worry about her driving here safely.

Quoting RutterMama:

I haven't taken mine, my son was 3.5 when my daughter was born. We had a plan for him. But I'm super stressed now because they are 10 & 7 and I have no idea what we will do with them.

aly110112
by Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 1:02 PM

My son was 2 when we had DS#2 and he was allowed in the room when I gave birth but my parents and husband were both there so my dad was able to take him out when he needed more entertainment. This time around I am not sure what we're going to do they are 3 & 5 (will almost be 4 & 6 when this one arrives). My dad isn't able to come into town to help so I may have my in laws come up or other family members watch them. My mom is usually our go to but she will be in the room with us. 

tuckermum
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 1:04 PM
Do they all live close? That's so awesome that you have a good support team :)

Quoting aly110112:

My son was 2 when we had DS#2 and he was allowed in the room when I gave birth but my parents and husband were both there so my dad was able to take him out when he needed more entertainment. This time around I am not sure what we're going to do they are 3 & 5 (will almost be 4 & 6 when this one arrives). My dad isn't able to come into town to help so I may have my in laws come up or other family members watch them. My mom is usually our go to but she will be in the room with us. 

aly110112
by Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 3:40 PM

No, my parents live in VA and we're in MO. DS2 was due Dec 29th so they came in town for Christmas and he decided to arrive on his due date so it all worked out :) With DS1 I was due Nov 1st but the dr kept saying he thought I would go early so my mom came in town around Oct 20th and I ended up not having him until November 5th lol she ended up being in town for 6 weeks. This time around I don't think she will come until closer to my due date. My inlaws (FIL and SMIL) live 2 hours away but they're both retired so they love coming to visit. My MIL is pretty much out of the picture (she's legit crazy) so we can't rely on her for anything. Both of DHs sisters (from MIL) are pregnant and my SIL is pregnant so we're having lots of babies join our family this year! 

Quoting tuckermum: Do they all live close? That's so awesome that you have a good support team :)
Quoting aly110112:

britishmummy
by Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 4:34 PM
I and hoping my in laws will watch my kids. If not I’ll fly my mum to us and have her help. My second babe, we lived overseas and luckily had a friend take my then 23 month old son en route to the hospital! My husband has always stayed with me the entire time I was in the hospital for both previous births so hopefully we can do it this time too.
lovingmama726
by Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
They are 10,8, and 6

Quoting tuckermum: How old are they? My mom lives an hour away so I wouldn't want to have to wait to see how long it would take her to get there.

Quoting lovingmama726: I'm a csection but I'm trying to decide if I wanna have them their waiting or pick them up after or wait till the next day when I'm feeling better
RutterMama
by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any family that helps really. But no, I haven't asked them what they want to do. It isn't up to them, we will make the plan and they will do whatever.

Quoting tuckermum: Have you talked about what they'd like to do? My Dd was born I had an induction (insurance reasons) so my mom just stayed the night and ds stayed with her. But my mom lives an hour away so I don't want to have to stress on how long it would take her and even worry about her driving here safely.
Quoting RutterMama:

Lilypie Maternity tickers

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)