Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to let him re enlist or not

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:02 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 405 Total Views

hey everyone my name is ashley i am a 23 year old women with a 2 year old n a baby on the way. My bf is living on base while i stay near my family and are doing to get married when he gets make. my other half is being deployed next month. with us having another baby on the way he wants to re enlist after his next deplyment. what makes this so hard is that i ve a brain tumor (non canerous). My pregnancy will be difcult and life threaten and he feels so bad that he has to leave me behind and is currently rethinking that about re enlisting. I want he to re enlist cause i want him to the job that makes him happy and the marine corp. is that for him. he knows that i dont want to live on base n i have my reasons but cause i love him i am willing to do what ever it takes. so what should i do let him leave what he loves so he knows i am safe and that he can ake up to me every morning or tellin him to do his job and that i ll be okay will the kids and move on base. i am so confused

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MmaMaMa1203
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 12:30 AM

this is a really hard call. I am sort of in the same boat, but I dont' have to make a decision for a little longer. I had bad complications with my daughter, and we worry that it will happen again next time 'round and he wants to re-enlist around the time of the birth.

If I were in your boat, I would tell him to re-enlist. I understand the fear and concern he has as he loves you, but he will feel even better knowing that he is providing for you and enjoying his job. That is so important to men, its their instincts.

I will be praying for you!

~Emily m.

DMautz
by on Apr. 27, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I think its more of supporting him all you can. If he stays in, that's income you will need w/all your upcoming medical needs. In todays society a steady job is a blessing.

LuvmySFSGT
by on May. 30, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Quoting DMautz:

I think its more of supporting him all you can. If he stays in, that's income you will need w/all your upcoming medical needs. In todays society a steady job is a blessing.

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)