Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing some help!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:10 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 445 Total Views

My husband and I just PCSed here on the 28th!  We decided to get on post housing and will be living in Northern Lights right across the street from the daycare center.  I am kinda bummed we dont have a garage, but we will make do!  Now ladies there are some things I am curious about and if any of you could help Id appreciate it!

We are having our twin boys seems as if it could be any time I need to go to the doctors but my last appt in kansas they thought they would be here by christmas even though my due date is Jan 27th, they both are jus really really big for their gestational age.  We dont have cribs, clothes, anything really besides carseats for them!  If any of you have baby boy clothes that you are wanting to get rid of or baby things such as cribs, bouncers, stuff like that please let me know!  I have been searching on craigslist for weeks now and havent really found any cribs or anything for a good deal.  So if you or someone you know has anything they are willing to sell or even jus get rid of, PLEASE let me know, Im gettin pretty desperate and really would appreciate any help!!! 

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDesmond
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Unfortunately, I just passed all of my son's old stuff on to a friend in Anchorage.... BUT, I did see a nice looking changing table at Value Village on Saturday. I didn't see if they had any cribs or anything... Check the Salvation Army, they may have cribs there! Also, try the pregnancy center: www.fyndout.com they may know of some places that I don't. Oh, and don't forget to check the paper or their website: www.newsminer.com

Good luck!!!

alaskaarmywife
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Once upon a child by joann fabrics has some pretty nice stuff. Not sure of how good prices are I have only been in there once and it was just to do a quick look around!

Lilypie

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

.JP.
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I have a friends that has twin boys, I can ask her if she has anything..You could also try posting up an add on craigslist.com....

Taunia
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:47 AM

You can also join the Fairbanks yahoo groups - fairbanksfreecycle and fairbanksgaragesale - you may be able to find some really good deals there...

And I have a bouncer in my garage that I'd love to pass along to you - and let me check for some other stuff.  I think most of the boys clothes I have are for the 6-9 month range, but hey, they'll get there, right??  And my son was born in January, so they may even end up being seasonally appropriate for you! Shoot me a private message, and we'll figure out a time when I can drop off some stuff to you. 

And definite bummer about the garage!!

russian-mama
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 1:25 AM

sorry i didn't get if you are in Fairbanks or Anchorage? I know there is Northern Lights in A, is there one in F? I live in Fairbansk and have a box of 0-3 months clothes. If you want it send me a message please.

Olesya 

mellyfaith
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Thank you all for suggestions and helping out I really really appreciate it!!  These twins are my last babies, so i'll definately be "paying it forward" and giving any items away after the twins are done using them!  But again THANK YOU ALL!!  I have never been to a post where everyone is so nice and giving it really is amazing and awesome!! 

JMmama
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 1:50 AM

The Once Upon A Child the pp mentioned is really nice. Also, acroos the street from them is a consignment store called Mommy and Me that is pretty nice. Eielson has a thrift store run by the spouses clubs that is nice. It can be hit or miss, but a lot of times they have nice, cute stuff. Anyone military can use it, you don't have to be Air Force.

My two youngest kids were born at Bassett, btw. I think you'll like the hospital. The doctors and nurses were all really, really nice and not pushy.

HUSKER BABIES

*Jayden*     *Jackson*     *Mia*

mellyfaith
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 3:13 AM

I am goin to have to check those places out!  Our issue is my husband works all the time and we only had one car shipped up here, mines still in kansas and i miss it sooo much:( Im glad he's a team leader or squad leader ( lol i forgot which one damn im a bad wife lol) but holy moly these guys call like all the time like lost puppies, lol we were in the drive thru and we have bluetooth and one of his soldiers called and im like really babe you cant wait 3 mins til we are done in the drive thru to tell this kid what he needs for tommorow, lol sorry ladies im prego and had to vent that for a sec!  Anyhow, since we only have one vehicle its hard to get the things i need/want to get done til the weekend!  But im sure we'll get to it, lol time's a ticking!  And BTW lol my husband is a HUGE HUSKERS fan, that pic is adorable!!!

NDesmond
by on Nov. 19, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Almost forgot, the thrift shop on Fort Wainwright has a lot of stuff usually.  It's worth checking out. Although sometimes it's hit or miss as to whether or not they'll be open. I'd call ahead. 

BabyJo5
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I may have some stuff to pass along. I have to search tho. I've been getting rid of stuff as we go along. It's very common for twins to come early so Kudos for getting ready. My little boy is 15 months so the clothes i pass down will be too big for a while. You should also try freecycle.com there is a yahoo group for freecycle in fairbanks. I'll add you as a friend so we can stay in touch. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)