Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi new to group!!

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 3:21 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 596 Total Views

Hi everyone Im new to the group. I have only lived her since march so I really dont know anyone here. I wanted to join the group to try to meet people. I have a 7 yr old son and a 2 mon old daughter. Hope to make new friends to make my move here a little more exciting

by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jiomama
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Hello and welcome. This board isnt really high traffic in my opinion and I haven't met with anyone yet. But I have three boys ages 8,6 & 4. I work part time and I've been with my husband for almost 10 years.
I'm always looking to meet new moms especially since I'm a self proclaimed recluse but for the sake of not going crazy in the winter I may just havebto get out of my bubble and actually meet others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LandynNArymom
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Yea I know I worked full time before I moved here in March. I havent worked since then so Im kinda going crazy.  Im not good at making friends Im kinda shy in person I guess so is my husband so we pretty much just hang out together lol. 3 boys huh that must be exciting. My son is 7 and he used to be pretty calm mellow dude now he likes to be a lil spazzy sometimes. This will be my first full winter we will see how that goes. How long have u lived in fairbanks?

Timon6903
by Group Owner on Oct. 14, 2011 at 1:30 AM
Welcome! I have two girls, they are 17 months. I am always up for meeting new people but having two toddlers makes that dang near impossible lol so mostly we stay home where I can contain them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LandynNArymom
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Wow i could only imagine the good times with 2 babies :) My girl is 2 months and a hand full she is very demanding also, i dont like going places much because she will cry in her carseat sometimes and not stop until we get home. But Im having a mommy day tomorrow daddy is keeping baby and im going grocery shopping WOW what a day lol

jiomama
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 12:19 PM
I've lived here full time since 2008 but worked up here in the summers between 2002-2007. The first winter is the hardest then after that you know how to prepare.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thaiokie
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 3:56 PM
hi, welcome to the group.. i have 3 kids age ,5, and soon to be3..  welcome
BettyBlythe
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 4:04 AM
Hi! Sammi, I'm married and have a 17 month old daughter. I'm actually in north pole now, hah. Congrats on your babygirl! :) and it's true this group isn't very active and it's sad. But, I'm always up for hanging out. I spend most of my time at home sewing and doing crafty things, and a little college mixed in. :) pm me if you'd like!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nookmom
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Hi!  I have 3 kids ages 14, 10 and 4.  I know how you feel trying to make new friends.  I swear it gets harder once you have kids, especially here in the winter.  I'm always home so if you ever want to talk, I'm available.

Timon6903
by Group Owner on Oct. 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM
Ooo I am going to PM you tomorrow... My girls are 17months... And I have the same interests as you... Totally not creepy by the way
Lol

Quoting BettyBlythe:

Hi! Sammi, I'm married and have a 17 month old daughter. I'm actually in north pole now, hah. Congrats on your babygirl! :) and it's true this group isn't very active and it's sad. But, I'm always up for hanging out. I spend most of my time at home sewing and doing crafty things, and a little college mixed in. :) pm me if you'd like!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BettyBlythe
by on Oct. 18, 2011 at 2:58 AM

yay!! :) im currently in domestic diva mode and am painting our house and collecting furniture goodies! :) ive made some scrapbook paper and mod podge letters for DDs bedroom and that was FUN!.. and Ive also been sewing up mama cloth orders.

Quoting Timon6903:

Ooo I am going to PM you tomorrow... My girls are 17months... And I have the same interests as you... Totally not creepy by the way
Lol

Quoting BettyBlythe:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)