Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here, with a question

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 262 Total Views

I have been a Christian for awhile. I was raised to believe this way. Recently I feel disconnected from Christianity and the Christian god. I wouldn't consider myself to be a christian any longer. I feel somewhat displaced.My husband is more in touch with his ancestor religions. He follows Asatru. (Odin, Thor). I'm not extremely familiar with it.) He has been teaching me a little about it. I am wondering if any of you have gone from Christianity to another religion. (Namely Asatru ). If anyone follows this could you please tell me about it, what god you have connected with, etc. Thank you to those that choose to respond to this.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
autumndreams
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:15 PM

There is a group specifically for Asatru here on cafemom that you might find helpful.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/7107

girlenvy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Hi,  my husband and are both odinist/asatru and believe it or not since deciding to do alittle curious internet research there are many diffrent views on the religon and can very depending on who you talk to (for the most part anyway) I would ask your husband about his beliefs maybe sit down and have a serious talk about his views a website I would recomend for information would be

http://www.odinic-rite.org/Gods&Godesses.html

HungryForTruth
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM

thank you , I searched for one, but couldn't find one!

Quoting autumndreams:

There is a group specifically for Asatru here on cafemom that you might find helpful.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/7107

HungryForTruth
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:32 PM

yeah, my husband visits this site often. I do need to talk with him. I'm just wondering what it's like for some of you.

Quoting girlenvy:

Hi,  my husband and are both odinist/asatru and believe it or not since deciding to do alittle curious internet research there are many diffrent views on the religon and can very depending on who you talk to (for the most part anyway) I would ask your husband about his beliefs maybe sit down and have a serious talk about his views a website I would recomend for information would be

http://www.odinic-rite.org/Gods&Godesses.html

Jacylrin
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Asatru, as with many paths, can be practiced very differently in different groups. I was involved with an Asatru group for a while, but after I moved, I wasn't as fond of the Asatruers here. Granted, even when I was practicing with an Asatru group, I was still a very eclectic pagan, but the Kindred I was with at the time was fine with that. I felt a very strong connection to Freya, with a connection to Frigga kicking in after I became pregnant.

whitewinterose
by Crone on Dec. 3, 2009 at 5:29 PM

I converted from Christianity myself a while back, but I do not follow the Asatru path. I know the other ladies have already given you great information about how to get more info and to get help. :) I personally follow a celtic path. It is what called to me. My best advice is to look at all the different paths out there, and don't necessarily point to one specific one right away. :) I know you said you recently converted and there is so much out there. Good luck with deciding and getting more information, and I look forward to getting to know you better!! And if we can help, don't hesitate to ask!

shake hand

imdbbduck
by on Feb. 14, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I know I'm way late coming into this, but if you're still looking for information I'd be more than happy to talk to you. (our household is heavily Asatru)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)