Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Behavior tools

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2010 at 7:41 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 536 Total Views

What types of tools should be used in craft to keep one from becoming easily angered and exploding in an act of verbal violence and physical frustration? Basically trying to change a temper problem that is a result of high stress.

by on Apr. 15, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
witchdragon
by on Apr. 15, 2010 at 10:39 PM

bump bump bump bump

you would have to ask this when I have to go offliine for a week :P  I would really like to know the answers to this as well.

pixie92
by on Apr. 16, 2010 at 2:26 AM

bumping til tomorrow.

Hedgewitch
by Willow on Apr. 16, 2010 at 8:06 AM

This is not really a

a magical question but a mundane question.  It depends on how bad it is. Stress relief.  If you cannot find a way to lower your stress, such as removing what is causing the stress you have a few options some may or may not work for you. Some may sound silly to you every one is different.

One of the first things people do when they are getting stressed is hold their breath and not get enough oxygen. believe it or not that makes stress much worse. Remember to breathe. In through the nose and out through the mouth, filly your lungs, you need oxygen to think clearly and calmly.

This gives you time to think, the old saying count to ten, count your breaths. If this does not work, tell who ever is stressing you, that you need time to think and walk away. Do this in a calm collected voice, try to not let your body tighten and breathe.

If it is not a someone but a something, try and put it aside and take a break, clear your mind, have a drink of water,  or herb tea, not soda or coffee.  Sit and close your eyes for a moment and look at a magazine or talk with a friend and then go back 15 minutes later and resume what you were doing with a refreshed mind.

After a long day, when the kids are in bed, the dishes are finished or sooner if you are lucky enough to have a partner who can help make time for yourself.  Take a large bowl the size you would bake a cake in and dissolve bath salts in almost hot water. Then take a shower, once you are clean, use the water from the bowl to cleans your body once more and change the vibration of your body by trickling it from your head down over you pour it slowly, tilting her head back to avoid getting it in your eyes; always remembering to breathe.

Once you have toweled off, and put on something comfortable take ten minutes to do a relaxing meditation, where you check for stress points in your body. If you are going to sleep for the night do this while you are in bed in a prone position and do not worry if you fall asleep.

witchdragon
by on Apr. 16, 2010 at 9:55 AM

fortunately I still have my net for now.  so I guess my biggest question would be what do you do if the person stressing isn't you

pixie92
by on Apr. 16, 2010 at 12:21 PM

I personally do many things. I have found finding the bright side has helped me a lot. Then I use stones to help me calm down and meditation also helps. Then I have candle spells that also help with calming a person.

Celtic_Dragon
by on Apr. 16, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Hmm, maybe I should be more specific. Although the stress relievers are important there is a behavior problem. One that is going to take time readjusting and learning to NOT throw a tantrum when things get bad. Basically, I'm going to be conducting a spell to help bring on that change in behavior. Be it make it easier for her to adjust to this new way of behaving or just to reduce how drastic her tantrums are. The problem isn't only stress, it's her reaction TO stress that needs changing. There are going to be times where life is going to be stressful and there is nothing you can do about that but deal, she is making it more difficult to handle the situation and stresses out everyone else because of her violent reactions to stress. She is trying to correct her behavior and wanted me to cast so that this would be easier for her.

pixie92
by on Apr. 16, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Are you good with using candle magic?

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

Hmm, maybe I should be more specific. Although the stress relievers are important there is a behavior problem. One that is going to take time readjusting and learning to NOT throw a tantrum when things get bad. Basically, I'm going to be conducting a spell to help bring on that change in behavior. Be it make it easier for her to adjust to this new way of behaving or just to reduce how drastic her tantrums are. The problem isn't only stress, it's her reaction TO stress that needs changing. There are going to be times where life is going to be stressful and there is nothing you can do about that but deal, she is making it more difficult to handle the situation and stresses out everyone else because of her violent reactions to stress. She is trying to correct her behavior and wanted me to cast so that this would be easier for her.

Celtic_Dragon
by on Apr. 16, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Yes, along with oils. I'm trying to use all-natural items, however. Nothing made by man. Stones, herbs, plants, those types of things.

Quoting pixie92:

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

ShoelaceGirl
by on Apr. 16, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Blue Tigers Eye! I am not huge into crystals and stones, but this one helps me a ton. I stick it in my pocket and use it as a worry stone at times. I am much more balanced with this around me. I have also found physical activity to be very helpful. Yard work, tinkering, heavy lifting, anything that requires a lot of my physical strength.

pixie92
by on Apr. 16, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I will look in my herbal book of shadows and I can email you with the information if you want.

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

Yes, along with oils. I'm trying to use all-natural items, however. Nothing made by man. Stones, herbs, plants, those types of things.

Quoting pixie92:

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)