Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ive been reading about American witchcraft. Pennsylvania Dutch, Appalachain Granny Magic, Hoodoo. The website I was at said black cat bones are frequently used in Hoodoo. Im curious just how they get those bones. The only ways I can think of are to wait for Fluffy to pass or something horrible. I dont think waiting around would be very timely. Just a curious question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:45 PM
Replies (11-12):
Water_geM
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 1:05 PM

*gags*

Quoting ShoelaceGirl:

Ditto. I've got family down in Louisiana, and there really are people living in the swamp who use road kill and whatever else scurries (or floats) along.

Quoting FaerieDragon:

Water_geM
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 1:09 PM

correct me if I'm wrong,but  isn't that the one where you ride a baby goat in circles in your kitchen and kill it at midnight...

Quoting MamaJasmine:

I had a friend in college (Miami FL) who got into  Palo Meyombe.. well I never knew much about it and he asked to give me a reading one day.  So I agreed.  He takes me to the worst part of the little havana ghetto to this little small apartment that is  filled with like 1000 candles.  I go in sceptical as usual, but willing to try anything because I am an open minded pagan. Well the guy invokes this spirit they called  "O' Shoon"   And his eyes roll back in his head and he then starts demanding things like bones from a crazy dog and gives instructions to my friend to get a dog and feed it cocaine till it goes mad and then kill it and then tie the remains to the train track for offering.  Basically I got told that I was a powerful witch and I had a lesbian spirit trying to attach itself to my soul and cause chaos in my relationships.. and I was thinking "Um you don't need to kill a dog to tell me that.. I have known I was bi my entire life"...

What I learned from some reasearch after that.. some afro-cuban styles of witch craft (such as santeria) actually sell animals for slaughter.. like chickens.  They use them in ritual and some traditions even have a feast on the animal after the ceremony.  Others just do needless animal abuse and will steal pets, find strays and torture them. .. there are many types of people in the world and some bad ones.. even my old "friend", who disapeared after that reading when the "spirit" told him that I was a more powerful witch than he was (Don't know if I was or not.. didn't care)...a few weeks later I found powdered eggs shells on my doorstep (something they used in the ritual)..and after a few tricks up my sleeve he was banished from my home and life entirely. 

Happy Halloween!!!

http://www.harrison.kyschools.us/virtual/middle/techconnections/wp-content/uploads/leaves.gifhttp://image.fg-a.com/0_hh_LGwitch_fly2.gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)