Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cleansing objects? I need some help!

Posted by   + Show Post

I would like to cleanse any object I get from a secondhand store, only because I don't know who had it before or what they might have been used for.  Any quick easy cleansing spells I could use?  Thank you!

by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM
Replies (11-14):
TigerSong
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I've found you need to be careful using water or salt on some things.  I too use all four elements on my tools, whether it's something new or just when things need to be sort of re-freshed.   Instead of using salt, I'll rub the item with a crystal, or I try to leave things in the moonlight for the three days of the full moon.  I can tell the difference when I've given everything a new breath, as you might say.

angelenia
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM
i add half a container of regular salt to half a bottle of orange scented dishsoap, dilute with water and wash all of my altar or otherwise sacred objects with it. Works very well for me and appeals to my limited attention span:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeggerSmith
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Thanks for al the great info ladies this helped me out too!

Smilelees
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 4:18 AM

As do I. I also let items sit out in the moonlight overnight the first time I am cleansing them.

Quoting windwitch212:

I do this as well...

Quoting KickButtMama:

I pass everything through the 4 elements and ask a blessing from the lord and lady to release any negativity and to bless the object for the work I do in their honor. I usually use smoke from incense as air, salt as earth the flame of a candle as fire and a sprinkling of my holy water as water..lol...I don't just use this on tools from a second hand store but on EVERY TOOL, and I re-bless and consecrate them before every reuse, even ones I've made - because dust and energy may have settled onto the tools between use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)