Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Artemis

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 492 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Artemis

I love Artemis. She is my Goddess. I have finally found one I am connected to. I always have  been just never took the time to find out about her .

Family of Artemis

Parents: Artemis was born as a daughter of Zeus, the Ruler of the Greek gods and the mortal Letoin Mount Cynthus at the island of Delos in Greece.
Siblings: Artemis had a twin brother, Apollo. Apollo was the god of the Sun, whereas Artemis' cult was connected to the Moon. Artemis was born before Apollo and helped her mother give birth to her little brother.
Goddess Artemis never married.

Artemis, the Virgin Huntress

As a child, Artemis had asked from her father Zeus to remain an eternal virgin and therefore became one of the three Virgin Goddesses in Greek mythology. Artemis had absolute sovereignty over nature and was said to bring fertility to all places that worshipped her. Usually accompanied by Nymphsand Oceanids, Artemis loved to hunt with arrows dipped in poison.

Odd things about Artemis

odd info about artemisOddly enough, Artemis was both a killer of wild animals and their protector.

Appearance of Artemis

Artemis was usually armed with bow and arrows and was wearing a knee-high chiton (a sort of tunic).

Symbols of Artemis

The symbols of Artemis were the bow and the pike. Her tree was the cedar and her sacred animals were the snake, the bear and the deer.

The Roman name of Artemis is "Diana"

http://www.greek-gods.info/greek-gods/artemis/

by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SerenaRose3
by Mother Cyndi on Sep. 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Funny story about my Blue moon adventure. while I was deep in the woods next to the river I stepped in something mushy, Bear poop, and then smelled  an elk, (close to a deer) Two of Artemis's sacred animals. It was beautiful walking in the pale blue moonlight. my amulet caught the moons reflection, it is now even more special to me if I loose this one I will be sad.

LaDonna_d
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Congrats on finding a deity you feel close to!
KnittinMama
by Maiden Amy on Sep. 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Congrats! Not for stepping in bear poo, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SerenaRose3
by Mother Cyndi on Sep. 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM

went back to look for my pendulum, there were tons of piles of bear poop where I was last night that I couldnt see in the dark. The bear was probably watching me lol. The pendulum was no where to be seen. So I guess it wasnt mine after all.

whitewinterose
by Crone on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Moving to BOS for later reference! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)