Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to Make Pagan Prayer Beads

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 1415 Total Views
6 moms liked this

paganwiccan.about.com

In many magical traditions and religious paths, the use of beads can be a meditative and magical exercise. Why not assemble a set of beads that holds meaning to you.
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whitewinterose
by Crone on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Have you done this Celtic Wych?

KnittinMama
by Maiden Amy on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I saw a set made from snowflake obsidian once. Omg was it gorgeous! Until I saw the price tag, that is. This would be a good esbat project. Now I want to go look for beads lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhiannonMare
by Rowan on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I'm making a set right now using jasper. I have a really good book about called Pagan Prayer Beads by John Michael Greer and Clare Vaughan. The book is perfect for me, because Greer and Vaughan are both Druids, so they give a lot of ideas on how to create Druidic jewelry. But they cover other Pagan paths as well in their book.

Other books that have some really beautiful pieces and some great and creative ideas are Beading in No Time by Linda Peterson, Easy Beaded Jewelry by Susan Ray and Sue Wilke, Enchanted Adornments by Cynthia Thorton and Jewelry Designs From Nature by Heather Powers.

flutterbeckie3
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Thank you for sharing! Would love to try this.

celticwych
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Ive never made one like this.  I am going to give it ago if my fingers will let me :)

motherghost
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I used to make these all of the time and sell them. I think I need to begin to make them again.

MabFae
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I've made a couple of sets, but they aren't much like anything I've read about. I just kinda...followed my gut. Amethyst and quartz with a Goddess bead and a Tree of Life pendant. 

may8675309
by Oak on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:07 PM

It's pretty and simple. I make steampunk jewelry sometimes so I used a couple of gears I had and twine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SerenaRose3
by Mother Cyndi on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I have a set of beads my witchy HP friend made me for my b day. It is  a pendulum with beads , Theyhave a random number of beads, no  significance to the sabbats or esbats or anything I can see, but there is one color that has 4  beads so I use them to represent the elements.

whitewinterose
by Crone on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Those all came out nice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)