Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Highlights High Five magazine... thoughts?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 380 Total Views
Anyone subscribe to Highlights High Five for their toddlers (the pre-Highlights magazine)?

What do you think of it? Curious how much your kids like it, what you think? Do they enjoy getting something in the mail or is it redundant with the books you read?

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MNKsMom
by on Aug. 10, 2007 at 9:03 PM

Good Evening,

This is the first time I've heard of the Highlights High 5 magazine. I know from 5-6 yrs. we were getting the Highlights magazine for our daughter now 7. She loved them, I would read the stories to her, but she enjoyed the puzzles and games.
the_littleminx
by Member on Aug. 24, 2007 at 2:17 PM
We don't get this one, so I'm not help on whether or not it's a good one. As far as whether or not getting a magazine in redundant for the child, I can say I certainly don't think so. My daughter subscribed to Sesame Street magazine for 2 years and now she's getting My Big Back Yard. Not only has she enjoyed being guaranteed to have something come for her in the mail each month, but she also really enjoys the magazines and learns from them. Once she gets too big for the subscription she has now, we'll move her up to the next in this series which is called Ranger Rick. I received both when I was a little girl, so I think it's really neat my daughters can now participate too.
inmybizz
by on Aug. 24, 2007 at 2:34 PM
We don't get this one either. Katherine gets early readers packet which includes a books, stickers, flash cards and sometimes puppets.
iluvcallalilies
by on Aug. 24, 2007 at 3:01 PM
I did subscribe to Highlights High Five for dd after all. We just got our first issue. She LOVES it. It is fun for her to get mail. There are NO ads in the magazine. She likes that it is hers ("it's mine") and not mine. We've read it cover to cover a couple times now. Great activities, pictures, poems, etc. Wholesome content. I love that it is "polite" ---- good manners... no "rude/bossy" characters. A winner all around.

I think we'll really enjoy it this fall and winter as the new baby comes and we spend more time at home.

So, with only one issue so far... I give it 5 stars!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)