Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena..acouple questions

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 189 Total Views
Ive been having really bad cramps that feel like im going into labor for a bout a month since i got it put it. Ive been bleeding ever since i got it too and its really dark which isnt normal for me. Also when me and my fiancee have sex I  get a really bad side pain. Is this normal? Do this sideeffects go away? Should I switch birth controls? Any other suggestions for other birth controlss?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MaKenziesma499
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 10:01 AM
my doctor said that would be normal, i have it too. i have cramps every now and then, and spot a lil bit. ive had it for about a month. Take some tylenol or motrin and see how you feel. If it really bothers you, go see your doctor, it might have shifted somehow and that might be the pain you feel.
Karli_Serenity
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:04 PM
I had mirena for a year and a half and I would crap at the time and it would hurt after intercourse, every single time. I would start bleeding and it felt like i had alot of pressure in the area where it was at. Finally after a year a half, i couldn't take it anymore, and i had it taken out. The moment it was removed, the pressure seems to just go away and I felt like i hadn't felt in forever...since ten i have had no problems and I've just stuck with the pill. I have met many people who have had it and every person who does has problems just like i did.....and i tell them to take it out before it goes any futher, because if you wait too long, you can end up like i was, lying on my couch and crying because i was in pain. I have a feeling within the next year they are going to recall those and take tem off te market, because i have not met one person who has been happy with it! As for other birth control i have been on levlan 28 over a year now, it's very easy to take and you only have two to three day LIGHT periods. Hope i have helped.... :)
samarasmama
by on Aug. 6, 2007 at 7:07 AM
i had the mirena to my i ended up having to have it removed i wouldnt recommend it to anyone. i then decided to go on the nuva ring it is a godsend its easy and i personally havent had any side effects except lighter periods which there is nothing wrong with that. good luck
MaKenziesma499
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 7:37 PM
i like mirena, ive had it for about 2 months and every now and then i'll feel apain in my side, but the doc said that was normal. i think it makes sex better, cuz if he goes in all the way, it hits the mirena and it pushes against something that feels good. i actually like to be on top, lol. try it and if u dont like it u can have it removed. i havent had an issue with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)