Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help with coustdy issues!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:38 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 217 Total Views
okay... my ex is the father to my child. and im almost due now, and im taking him for child support. well he has been lying through he teeth about everything and anything he can to me. and now i just found out that he is goin to try and get full coustdy of the baby. and im afraid that mite happen. he isnt good what so ever for my child. he does drugs everyday all day he wont stop for nothing and he is supposed to be on meds for being bipolar. and im afriad he will hurt the baby if he is alone with it. i just dont know what to do any more. everyone is tellin me he cant get coustdy and shit. but the court system around here is retarded. im just scared that they will give him coustdy or even half coustdy and one day the baby goes with him and i found out somethin bad happened to the baby, or he gave it drugs.

so if u have any advise for me that would b great
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SexyMami27
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:49 PM
trust me you have nothing to worry about. unless he can prove that you are a bad mother  you atomatically have custody.. when i asked my lawer about custody he said that custody goes to the person who nerturs the baby the most and spends the most time with the baby. so even if hes working and paying for everything you would be the one spending the most time with the baby. if I were you i would try to get some kind of proof that he is doing those drugs and the thing about bi-polar because that will show the judge that he is unstable. but good luck to you I hope that works out good. and dont worry, when it comes to babys the mom always has more power ;)
JennWittig
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:18 AM
I am so sorry you are going through that that!  You need to keep written records of everything and get a lawyer ASAP!  That is the best first move you can make.  Make sure you write everything down I kid you not it will help this is what I had to do with my sons father when we were having issues!  Make sure you get to it before he does and do not I repeat DO NOT give this boy anything to hold against you.  I hope this little bit helps hun.  i am so tired right now I can't think of more ot say.  I will writ eyou agian in the morning.  Take care and do not stress it makes it hard on you and the baby.
JennWittig
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:19 AM
oh yeah and like she said about the bipolar not being stable they will look at that and test him before they even think about giving a child to him!  At least they had better!
supermom200
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 1:03 AM
If he does try and fight for custody, make sure you also request him take a drug test. They are alot aless likely to give him any type of custody if he isn't clean. Good luck sweetie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)