Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your period

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 12:16 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 329 Total Views
I had my daughter in december and my period still isn't regular. How long did it take your period to regulate? i'm scared i might be pregnant again but i use condoms and birth control with my husband.
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
brooklins_mom
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 12:42 AM
my daughter is 6 months old and im just now starting to get regular...... lol
marshallsmomma
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 1:18 AM
i had my baby in mid-november and im still VERY irregular... 6 weeks of bleeding post partum, one week off, a period, two weeks later a period, and i have only had some random spotting since. and very little of it, too. im still waiting for my period even tho im very late! (im not pregnant though, i thought i was again but i took a blood-test at the doctors office and it came back negative PHEW!!!) and if you're on birth control, i definitely wouldn't worry. especially since you're using backup too (condoms) because that's what my hunny and i did, and my doctor basically said that she thought 100% that i was not pregnant, because of the precautions. i mean 99% accuracy with another 98% accuracy backup... what are the chances of you getting pregnant you know? pretty much .001 or so, and don't forget to add in the factor of whether you're even ovulating yet or not! my doctor said that the birth control is adding so many extra hormones into your body that your body is very confused as to when its supposed to start bleeding again, and told me it could take a few months of using birth control to get even semi-regular again. i wouldnt worry about it!
dieingeyes
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 3:27 PM
It took no less than 18 months after each child for me to get mine back I don't mean back to regular I mean even to start spotting again!

are you breastfeeding?
have you considered doing anything to help regulate it?
What are you using for BC? it may be aiding the irregularity as well. I used Mirena and it has a similar side effect to the Depo shot: No or almost no period
Denise43mom
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 11:27 AM
if you think you are pregnant please PLEASE get a test right away...taking birth control while you are pregnant will severely harm or kill a baby..please take a test before you take more birth control.!!!!!!
mamazlittleboi
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 11:18 PM
after i had my son mine wasnt regular either. it took about 2 or 3 months. & when i wasnt regular it made me lose alot of weight fast! the 3rd month after having him all the fat was gone. my body is werid l0l
Asherah_Tanith
by Group Admin on Mar. 30, 2007 at 12:08 AM

My daughter is five months old and I haven't had my period yet; but, I'm also breastfeeding on demand.  Yay Nature!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)