Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Moly! I just "struck GOLD!" (PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 325 Total Views

Okay, seriously, I am one of these homeschooling Moms who obsesses about finding the right learning tools for my children.  My kids are 4 & 5 years old and love the computer so this has turned out to be a great learning tool ... however ... finding the right programs for them has been a total struggle.  I really like free sites like Starfall, DLTK and letter of the week ... but my kids are really independent learners who DON'T like me playing the roll of "teacher" at all.  Starfall is a good program, but the kids just like to play with it and haven't really gotten anything from it ... other than the idea that playing the "little zig zag kids" song over and over and over and over again seems to them like a really good idea.  LOL.  DLTK is a good site for printable worksheets (and I know of several other free sites that are really good for that same thing) but doesn't offer a way for my kids to learn anything independently.  The Letter of the week program is a good program if you want to spend your whole day schooling your children and playing the roll of "teacher."  As noted before, my kids have a real aversion to me playing that roll, so this one is really out for us.  Okay ... so here's where I "STRUCK GOLD!"

I swear to you that I have heard of this site many times before, and never became a member of it because I didn't want to spend the money.  But right now, all of their programs are 40% off AND I found a coupon for ANOTHER 40% off, which made this deal too good to pass up!  I'm super frugal by nature ... can you tell?  LOL!

Anyway, I am sooooo glad that I took advantage of the sale and the coupon code, because my kids LOVE IT and are having sooo much fun learning to read and write!  There aren't any math programs on this site, but I did some snooping around and found out that there is a math program in production right now and will be added to the site soon!!!  Yea!!!  That makes me so happy, because I have been searching diligently for a GOOD computer based math program for my kids, and if their math program will be as good as their reading and spelling programs I am positive my kids and I will LOVE it!  :)

Oh ... and this is from their website:

Used by Schools and Homes in Over 100 Countries for 6 Years!
The Only Programs Guaranteed To Teach Your Child To Read And Spell Or Your Money Back
Also 60-Day No Questions Asked Refund

I am telling you, this is the best program I have come across for teaching my kids how to read and spell!!  I can't say enough about it!!!  Check it out and see for yourself!! Oh yeah, and if you decide you want to take advantage of their sale and the coupon code, the code is CNKSAVE40 .  If I remember correctly, you have to enter the code on the bottom of the first page that comes up after you click the "order now" button.

by on Feb. 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
6under1roof
by on Apr. 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM

that looks awesome! My son is preparing to learn how to read and that looks like an awesome tool for him. I can't figure out though- is it CDs that get sent to you, or an online program you pay for usage for? I'd prefer CD's because it says the cirriculum goes from Pre-K - 3rd grade on the reading and Pre-K - 5th grade on spelling, and sometimes websites just don't survive that long LOL.

padavali
by on Apr. 17, 2010 at 10:58 AM

How do you enter in a second code?  Just one after the other?

braddock0615
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 12:10 PM

There's only one coupon code to enter.  The sale is 40% off, and when you use the coupon code when ordering, you will receive another 40% off!!!  

bouncing mom

mom-2-five
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:46 AM

The code has expired

momofthreekjs
by New Member on May. 2, 2010 at 12:36 PM

How long have you used it for?  What else have you tried?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)