Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandma mom at 46

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:23 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 299 Total Views
Laughing Hi yes there are allot of us like you out there I have had my granddaughter from birth and I adopted her.  She is the love of my life. My son never wanted kids and hooked up with a stripper and well now I am a mom at 46 at least they both had good sense to let me adopt my baby girl she is my sunshine so you not alone  have a great day
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nannamcgill
by New Member on May. 7, 2007 at 6:57 PM
Is it becoming more common for a grandparent to adopt and raise a grandchild as their own? It seems so. I am also raising a grandchild as my own, he is six years old, and his mom left when he was 3 months we are the only parents he knows. I raised two boys and now at 47 I am still raising children. He is a blessing and we love him. Sometimes its hard, but we are all hes got. So your truly not alone.
mammie367
by New Member on Jun. 2, 2007 at 11:16 PM
I too am raising my Grandson...I'm 54 this month and  He is 8 and we've had him since birth... he knows his mom (if you can call her that)... she's my youngest daughter and to say that she's a mother is a stretch... she gave birth to 3 children and is raising none of them... her ex. husband has the other two but my sweetie was born before she met him and he's MINE.... We are in the process of adopting him now so that he'll never have to be caught up in any foster care even if my husband and I should drop dead before he's an adult... he would go to my other daughter, his Auntie, and I can rest easy in my grave knowing that he'll be well cared for... I have 5 other grandchildren and I love them dearly but he's my special one... I don't know what I'd do without him.
kmimi
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:03 AM

My husband and i our co-parneting 3 year old grandaugter,with her other grand mom. It is hard because we don't have the same rules at both houses.  Plus my step daughter just moved back in with us and her boyfriend with his 2 year old. but her mom still lives with the other grandmom so my 3yr. old getts confussed on the weekends when she goes over there.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)