Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Milestones

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

My son has severe school anxiety and has been tutored outside of school for the past year and a half.  Well, this week, we began having his tutor meet him in his regular elementary school for his tutoring sessions.  He's now back in his school for an hour a day.  This is a huge step for Matt...he's even proud of himself and we are just elated.  Although, as any parent with a child with anxiety, we are cautious and realize we still have a long way.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MomofMJN
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:08 PM

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

There must be something in the stars....I realized today that my daughter has not missed a day of school since mid-December...that is HUGE for us....usually she can only go about 10 days and then breaks down & refuses to go for a day or two !!!!  Especially after a vacation or long weekend - which we just recently had both!!!

Let's hope some of the others have some milestones to share too !!!!

Ttime
by Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Let me share your JOY!!!  That is huge!!!  High fives to Matt!!!  This is good stuff,  Kim!!  And to you too, MomofNJN!!!!

dancing

lisamtz
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:17 PM
I happy to say there really must be something in the stars because my son has not missed school . He is going on five days now! I am hoping this continues for all of us!
vintagechicken
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:33 PM

CONGRATULATIONS.. that is soooo wonderful!

My son had a day off last Monday for holiday and missed Tues., wed., and thursday after that.   He missed 3 days in October when they had a holiday also.  Anything that gets him off his routine just messes him up.  

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND MATT!

readermomto4
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes.  Lets hope we all continue with the positive milestones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)