Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That's dandy! Adam Ant is coming back (and he's got love to thank for his recovery)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:47 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 396 Total Views

His particular brand of dandyism became the very byword for Eighties chic.

Now after a spectacular fall from grace which saw the once svelte pop star bloated, bearded and sectioned in a mental institution, Adam Ant is making a comeback.

The 54-year-old singer, whose chart-topping hits and outlandish costumes made him a household name, is planning a tour. 

Read

Dual US/UK Citizen 

Co-Owner of All Things British

Admin of Overseas Moms (Past & Present) 

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Reener
by Group Admin on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Wow, I was just tweeting his songs yesterday! Love Adam Ant!

"Cause down the shore, everything's alright!"

Bruce Springsteen "Jersey Girl".

wolfgirlbec
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:50 PM

That's so good to hear! I have always been an "Ant fan" since I was a teenager "back in the day" (LOL!) and still listen to his music-both solo and with the ants-and was getting a bit worried after his stint with the pub and then at the mental ward and eventually leading to his diagnosis of bipolar d/o.Anyway,I am so glad to see him happy and getting healthy again and motivated for a tour! It's been a long time,but,as the saying goes,"good things come to those who wait!"margarita time

Oimomma
by Member on Jul. 18, 2009 at 7:20 AM

I love Adam and glad to see He's stable again.My son has Bipolar and so do I. It's not easy to live with.Did you read his autobiography?He has bad Bipolar issues.Mine is mild but I cried because I related.I had to get it from Amazon uk since US didn't really have it..I was amazed at how quick it got here.

I couldn't put it down.I hope He'll release a new CD as well.

Renee

AskMoiAboutAvon
by Member on Jul. 19, 2009 at 7:34 AM

I think it's smashing that he is making a comeback.  I love love loved his music.  Still play it to this day.  I am glad that he has gotten over his demons.  We all have them, it's just that some have more than others and some just don't know how to deal with them.  He has and it takes great courage to step up to the plate like he has done.  If he tours I hope he makes it to the Carolinas, I am moving from Illinois and I don't know if bands normally tour that area.  Let's hope so.  Would love to see him!

Oimomma
by Member on Jul. 19, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Unfortunately Bipolar never really goes away.You find meds or things that work.It goes in cycles.His  new love probably keeps his taking his meds which He had issues doing.If my house didn't take our's it'd be chaos.I've never seen him and would love too.

Renee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)