This fast, adapted from Stanley Burrough's Master Cleanser Recipe, is a simple, yet demanding, cleanse that allows you to maintain a moderate level of energy while cleansing your liver and blood stream and eliminating toxins from your deep tissues and vital organs. We recommend you discuss doing any fasts with your doctor and read "Understand a Lemonade Fast" in Related eHows. Difficulty: Moderately challenging 1
Combine 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon or lime juice, 1 or 2 tbsp. of organic maple syrup and some cayenne pepper (as your taste allows), per 1 c. of pure water. 2
Drink a minimum of six cups of this mixture a day for a minimum of 10 days. Eat no solid foods. You may drink herbal teas and water as well. 3
Keep your bowels moving with laxative teas in the morning and evening to help your body eliminate the toxins accumulating in your colon as the lemonade cleans your entire system. Taking enemas on the last few days is also highly recommended for clearing out your colon. 4
Break your fast by drinking orange juice for two days to prepare your stomach to assimilate other foods. On the third day, drink orange juice in the morning, raw fruit for lunch, and fruits
and salad for dinner. Resume normal, healthy eating on the next day.
- Avoid heavy exercise during this fast. Light yoga, walking and gardening are excellent ways to stimulate your metabolism without straining your body.
- Expect the greatest amount of hunger around the third day (this varies slightly according to your metabolism).
- Pregnant women and children should not fast.
- If you have diabetes, heart conditions, ulcerative colitis or epilepsy; if you are under 18 or under weight, if you are on medication, use extra caution when fasting.
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact a physician or other health-care professional before fasting. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment.
on Jul. 6, 2007 at 7:48 AM