Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lemonade Fast ~ short directions

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 7:48 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 760 Total Views
  This fast, adapted from Stanley Burrough's Master Cleanser Recipe, is a simple, yet demanding, cleanse that allows you to maintain a moderate level of energy while cleansing your liver and blood stream and eliminating toxins from your deep tissues and vital organs. We recommend you discuss doing any fasts with your doctor and read "Understand a Lemonade Fast" in Related eHows.

Instructions

Difficulty: Moderately challenging

Steps

Step One

Combine 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon or lime juice, 1 or 2 tbsp. of organic maple syrup and some cayenne pepper (as your taste allows), per 1 c. of pure water. 2

Step Two

Drink a minimum of six cups of this mixture a day for a minimum of 10 days. Eat no solid foods. You may drink herbal teas and water as well. 3

Step Three

Keep your bowels moving with laxative teas in the morning and evening to help your body eliminate the toxins accumulating in your colon as the lemonade cleans your entire system. Taking enemas on the last few days is also highly recommended for clearing out your colon. 4

Step Four

Break your fast by drinking orange juice for two days to prepare your stomach to assimilate other foods. On the third day, drink orange juice in the morning, raw fruit for lunch, and fruits and salad for dinner. Resume normal, healthy eating on the next day.

Tips & Warnings

• Avoid heavy exercise during this fast. Light yoga, walking and gardening are excellent ways to stimulate your metabolism without straining your body.
  • Expect the greatest amount of hunger around the third day (this varies slightly according to your metabolism).
  • Pregnant women and children should not fast.
  • If you have diabetes, heart conditions, ulcerative colitis or epilepsy; if you are under 18 or under weight, if you are on medication, use extra caution when fasting.
  • If you have any questions or concerns, contact a physician or other health-care professional before fasting. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment.
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gatorgirl04
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 12:32 PM
I have a friend that has done this 2wice. She is a trooper and can hang for 10 days but its not for me. lol i like my food. She also says it doesnt tastes great but it does work she says.
MusikMama
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Quoting Gatorgirl04:

I have a friend that has done this 2wice. She is a trooper and can hang for 10 days but its not for me. lol i like my food. She also says it doesnt tastes great but it does work she says.

I tried, I can't stand the taste of it.  I sill want to do it soemtime, but I"m going to work my way up to it.  I've heard it REALLY drains you too, NO energy.
Gatorgirl04
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 1:34 PM
yeah she mentioned that too.
mountaindrmin
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2007 at 3:00 PM

I tried the Mastet Cleanse once and lasted to the end of the 6th day and broke it with some veg. broth. I had lost all my energy and was feeling pretty sick. I tried enemas but this cleanse was really strong for me and they didn't help that much. I'd like to try again and now I have a colon hydrotherapist I can go to. Don't know when I'll brave it again though.

-jamie

incite
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2007 at 12:58 PM
I drink this lemonade hot every morning when I get up. It is the second thing I drink (the first thing is just a regular glass of distilled water). It is good for cutting mucus along with its other benefits.

Many times I will use raw honey instead of the maple syrup. When I am fasting I might drink it more than once a day; sometimes hot and sometimes cold. Now that lemon season is over and I can't get fresh organic lemons, I was able to find a bottle of organic lemon juice in the local health food store.

I drink NatureRich Greens everyday and especially during my fast when I get really hungry I might drink two. It along with the Fortified Mineral Neutralizer http://www.ichapman.naturerich.net/prodinfo_neut.cfm gives me the nutrition my body needs without making my digestive system work hard. It curbs my hunger and it keeps me full of energy. Read about it here: http://www.ichapman.naturerich.net/prodinfo_greens.cfm

Iris J Chapman, NatureRich Independent Distributor

Request Your Absolutely Free Sample of NatureRich Greens! http://mynaturalconnection.com/healthful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN