Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi!

I'm Kristy and I have 2 children.  My daughter Haylee turned 5 in April and will be attending all day kindergarten this fall.  She's really excited about going to real school and I'm excited for her, although the thought of "letting go" is hard.

She attended preschool this past school year and by half way through the year she was bored with it, so I'm hoping that doesn't happen with Kindergarten.

She had kindergarten registration in February and her testing in March.  Around the first week of August I will be getting a letter letting us know the name of her teacher and when Orientation is.  Orientation is usually 7-10 days before school starts.  They get to meet their teacher and take a ride on the school bus... she's really looking forward to that.

Our school's first day is August 29th.

by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 5:50 PM
Replies (131-140):
kelly662
by on Jan. 24, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Hello I'm Kelly I have three wonderful children my oldest, Tristan is in in first grade this year He will be 7 in March and my other two are 4 Sophia and 2 Charlie.  My husband and i will be married ten years this fall and I am a sahm, right now. I was a high school teacher before Tristan and will likely go back to teaching after my youngest starts school.  With First grade half over i am realizing my big guy is getting more and more board at home playing little kid games and doing little kid things with my younger kids so I hope to get some ideas from you all! look forward to chatting

jadenzmom062502
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Hey girls,

My name is Ang and I'm the single mother of one.  My son's name is Jaden and he started the first grade this year.  Jaden has ADHD and is on meds while at school.  His grades are outstanding and his reading level is out of this world.  His ADHD does not affect his grades at all, just his behaivor.  Just wanted to say HI to all!!!

Ang

Jol77
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Hi, my name is Jolene, I'm 31. My first grader is Nicholas. He turns 7 at the end of the school year. He has a brother, Jacob, who is 2.5 yrs old. He also has a stepsister who is 14 and lives with her mom in Wisconsin now.

We've been through a lot the last couple years, deaths and moves and going from a family of 6 down to just us, a family of 3 living in a little apartment. I'm a SAHM for now because I don't feel I can handle working out of the house right now. Still trying to adjust to being a single parent and figure out myself all over again.

Homeschool411
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Hello All. My name is Lorri. I am a single mom of one daughter age 6. We have tried lots of curricula but always seem to come running back to Abeka. We enjoy dance class, gymnastics, Caravan, girl scouts, and soon 4-H. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

lesbians

God Bless,

Lorri

Smilez78
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2009 at 12:01 AM

I'm Misty, I'm 30 and live in MO.  I have been married to my wonderful husband JJ since October 2004. We've been together since 2001.  I'm a photographer and a SAHM.  I have 3 children  2 daughters Emilyanne Louise born September 1998, and Alexandria Jaylene born February 2002. And one son Spencer Eldon was born Septmeber 2005.  

Anything else, just ask me =)

griaane
by on May. 4, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Hi my name is Alda but everyone calls me AJ. I am the proud mommy of Ivory Rose my First grader as well as 2 other littles ones Sara who is 5 and Bradley who is 3wks. Ivory just loves school and always shows it. Hard to even keep her home when she is sick. She is currently top of her class and is actually getting to far ahead. She does reading with the 5th graders and math with the 3rd graders. We are actually thinking of switching schools next year that can help her excell in these areas cause our public school as no advance classes for elementry students.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!

baby boytoddler girlteen girl

Mother to 3- Bradley 4/9/09, Sara 11/13/03, Ivory 2/13/02

ChrisDi
by New Member on May. 13, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Hi all!  I am Christene.  I am married to my wonderful husband, Shawn.  We have two cute kids.  DD Elizabeth just turned 7 on April 29th, and DS Nathan turned 2 in February.  I can't believe my DD is graduating from being a primary student to becoming an elementary student. :(  time passes to fast.  I am interested in 'meeting' and talking with other moms who have children the same age as mine.

Christene, Wife to Shawn, Mommy to Elizabeth and Nathan.   

MammaNature
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ruby and my son is in first grade, im so proud of him. I actually homeschool which is harder than it sounds but is amazing to watch him learn and explore. Im sure you guys get sooo...excited seeing all the wonderful things our kiddos create. just sharin some thoughts. GO LITTLE FIRST GRADERS!!!you rock

Ruby Quintanar

Work From home!!!

www.MomsCreateWealth.combig smile mini

Leigh36
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Hello,

I am Leigh. My daughter Lilyann is in 1st grade and delayed. She has a lot going on with her. I do my best. it is not always easy to deal with her and her moods and such.

palotasfamily
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Hello ALL !!

My name is Jessica  and I am a proud Mommy of 2 little ones ... the biggest is Rocky and he is 6 and this year is his year to be in 1st grade, WOW, school all day !!  He is loving it, and it's kinda nice having a time with the littlest Olivia,she is 4 ... and can't wait to be in school next year!

Rocky - 2-5-03

Olivia - 4-17-05

Me - 8-28-82

Hubby Joe - 10-17-76

And our Ann is coming up, 4 yrs married on October 7th !!   And we have been together since Dec 12, 2000 !!

I am here at this site, to meet more moms like me and more NOT like me !!   Just to make new friends and talk about our kids and our lifes !!!

So please if you would like to get to know me more .. just send me a message or a friend request !

Jessica P.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN