Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daisy/Girl Scouts

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 11:45 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 342 Total Views

Hello, for those of you that have girls, are any of them in Daisy's?   We just signed up our 1st grader last night & her group is new.   Apparently the girl scout's are changing things next year so her school decided to switch this year & K & 1st grade are Daisy's.   I was just curious.

by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
katherine4
by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 1:07 PM

I use to be a Girl Scout Leader for a Brownie Troop but did not have a girl in it . As my girl is only 4 ! But yes they are changing the grade levels among the groups and here they changed it this year. Also the Daisy's here get to sale Cookies this coming up cookie season . I got out cause my son joined cub scouts this year and I wanted to give my time and devotion to him . When my daughter gets of age then we will have boy scouts and girl scouts ! We live in Taylor,TX.

Katherine

iluvmy4grls
by Member on Sep. 23, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Hailey did girl scouts last year as a Daisy. The leader was terrible.  Meetings would be planned and then cancelled at the last minute or the leader would not even show up for them. Hailey did not even get any patches. Then for the graduation (or whatever it's called) she told us it was going to be at one place and time and then she called the day it was supposed to be and asked us why we were not there the night before. She said no one showed up. And she could not do it the night it was supposed to be. Any she was totally un organized and i thought it was a waster of 50.00. 

Same leader called a few weeks ago and said our first meeting is tonight is she coming? My answer NO.

I hope that your daughter has a much better time

MamaCeleste0722
by on Sep. 25, 2008 at 9:47 AM

My daughter is in Brownies,(I'm the Asst Troop Leader). She was in Daisies last year before the new rule took effect. But yes, this year is the new year where the new rules will apply. Daisies are now K and 1st.

Also, Daisies will get to sell cookies for the first time!

catholicmommy
by on Oct. 9, 2008 at 6:10 PM

My daughter is seven so she is a brownie.  We love it!

2kids4pet
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM

My daughter just turned 7.. We are daisy scouts.. We will move on to Brownies next year. 

We are headed for our first girl scout camp weekend soon..She is so excited! 

I am an assistant leader, if anyone has any good camp activities they would like to share, I would love to read them.

sscar_az
by New Member on May. 27, 2009 at 6:52 PM

My DD is also a brownie and she loves it.  We have a multi level troop... For next yr we will have Juniors, Brownies, and first yr daisy's with a set of two moms for each group.   I will be heading up the daisy's. 

My daughter is on the waiting list to go to sleep away camp for the first time this summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)