Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son's birthday is around the corner and I need advise

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 275 Total Views

My son Tristan is turning 7 in March and for the first time he has asked for a birthday party- We have recently moved and have a really good friend base here that we never had before.  so I think it's cool that he wants to have a "real" party not just a family party.  so here is the problem I haven't done "real" party in alot of years and I could use some advise.  He wanted Phineas and Ferb, theme but is now wavering.

So I thought if you moms could help me by letting me in on your kids parties themes, and such?   Thanks in advance Kelly

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lucky1963
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2009 at 12:43 AM

My son just turned 7 and we had a Science party at the Children's museum.. Pirates are good too with a treasure hunt or scavenger hunt.  Spy party with hats and a magnifying glass where they look for clues to something.  or you could draw the profiles of the guests and let them guess who's profile it is.  A safari theme at the Zoo.  or Magic show. 

ckarnold02
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2009 at 9:46 AM

My son turned 7 this past Dec. This year we invited all the boys from first grade. We did this for the simple reason that my son wanted some of the boys from the other first grade class. My theory is that you can't leave anyone out. Plus I was also going on the hope that not ALL would show up. We chose bowling this year, last year we did chuck e cheese(that was a HUGE mistake!!! to many kids) So what was nice about the bowling was that they were all in one spot. It was nice because I chose to do the presents and cupcakes first and then bowling once that was done. The reason I did that was so that they could just bowl until there parents showed up. Instead of bowling first and presents and cupcakes after. Leaving kids not having something to do. It was a good thing we did it that way, because ALL 15 of the boys we invited showed up.

Good luck

wyattabigailmom
by Member on Mar. 11, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Bowling seems to be popular here

Also a laser tag place opened recently in my town and we have already been to 2 parties there and the kids loved it.

kelly662
by on Mar. 17, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Awsome Ideas Ladies -It seems all my ideas were a bit young for him he is my oldest and I have a 4 and a 2 year old so Thanks so much for the big kid ideas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)