Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone dealing with attitude in girls?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 11:33 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 419 Total Views

Seems like thus year my daughter has went from the angel child EVERYONE adored to the kids people can't stand to be around when she gets in one of her moods.  She whines more, and talks back a LOT more.  She isn't over the top, I mean she never hits, rarely screams and never says naughty words, but she just get so upset and so DRAMATIC. 

She is also struggling with the I don't like school bit now.  She is not finishing her work in class (it is not too hard for her) and she seems to be on this role, where she will have an awesome couple weeks at school and then BAM,  she have a horrible week. I just don't get it.. the mood swings are killing me.

And the scary part is I have 2 more girls.

There are three reasons for breast-feeding:  the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers

by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jasmine73
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I know what your going through.  My  dd  is about to turn 7, but I feel that ever since she entered the 1 'st  grade ,I find that  she has more attitude than ever.         In school she's the best student, but some days when she picks on her little sister  and I make her  have timeout in her room. While in her room she saying things like stupid mom ,I hate you,Iwish you were dead. Later she come & hugh me & I love you  mommy & I'm sorry. I don't have a clue as what to do sometimes.

hazeleyzmama
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:06 PM

yes, dd is 6 1/2 and a pain in my ass. she was such a great kid i think 6 is a sucky age. she never had the terrible 2s or 3's. i think she was saving it for when she was 6 and could talk really good and drive me nuts. shes not bad. she just talks back and whines alllllllll the time. for the stupidest reasons. and she will ball up her fist and throw them down in the air and yell at me. in turn i send her to her room and take away a privilege. i have no idea why shes like this. shes also a pain to wake up in the morning to get ready for school. but shes spent a few nights at poppas house on a school night and he lets her stay up a little longer and he gets her up earlier and shes just a peach for him. WTF? i dont understand. and she gets so mad when i tell her to clean her room before she plays or todo her homework before she watches t.v. and GOD forbid she has to do chores. i get " Why, i didnt make the mess, or i didnt do it alone" or " why do i always have to help?" and i tell her because i do everything around the house and you guys are pigs and im tired of cleaning mess i didnt make. my sd is 5 and my ydd is 10 mo. and my man makes just a big of mess as the kids. if you find a miracle way of puttin your kids attitude in check, please let me know

CourtneyB1
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I deal with the same thing....so you aren't the only one. My daughter has taken on a new hobby this year which is lying as well.

Nita929
by on Apr. 20, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My 7 yaer old dd is driving me crazy. She is a drama queen and has horrible mood swings. One minute I ground her for doing something and she's yelling at me and slamming doors. A few minutes later she's bringing me pictures and telling me she loves me. And she has a big problem with lying to me and being sneaky and doing things behind my back. Sometimes I feel like I can't trust her at all. I have A 16 year old ds and I never had these issues with him. I mean he was no angel child... but never all the lies and scheming.

1pepp
by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM

OMG! I too have a 7yr old dd and she's super DRAMATIC. This week she returned back to school from spring break (NYC), and all of a sudden.....Mommy please take me outta this school I hate it. She doesn't want to attend the after school program, because the boys pinches her. Well, I spoke with the director and there's no boys in her dance class. She's a terrific kid, but when she's moody she lays it on thick. Keep in mind, she's more moody around me then she is around my husband.

WISHING US ALL PATIENCE!

Cherie67
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I am so glad to know that there are more people out there with the same problem and my child isn't crazy!  She gets mad when she doesn't get her way and says I am mean.  Stomps around and screams!  I am at a loss as to what to do with my drama queen!  I have two much older kids and I never had the attitude problems with them until they were teenagers!  If anyone has a way to deal with the drama queen issue please share!!!

Sunshine and Rainbows!

Cherie York

hazeleyzmama
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 6:51 PM

that makes me laugh because dalisha is just like that. if im on the computer, watching a movie, reading a magazine etc and she wants something and i dont jump right up and get it for her then she tells me " all you care about is the computer" or whatever im doing that i wont stop for her. drives me nuts!!!! and i have a 11 month old and i play with her all the time. and my 6 1/2 yr old will say " you dont love me only her,how come you dont hold me in the air?" im like because your 55 pounds. shes 16 pounds. she never use to be jealous and now its off the hook rediculous. and oh dont get me started about when shes sick. i swear shes chuckys sister

Quoting Cherie67:

I am so glad to know that there are more people out there with the same problem and my child isn't crazy!  She gets mad when she doesn't get her way and says I am mean.  Stomps around and screams!  I am at a loss as to what to do with my drama queen!  I have two much older kids and I never had the attitude problems with them until they were teenagers!  If anyone has a way to deal with the drama queen issue please share!!!

dru1880
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2009 at 10:03 PM

my 6.5 yr has this thing, she's great in school and saves her drama for home.  she has to come home and aggravates her sister and make her scream.  then if we go to the store, she wanders off and we have to threaten her life to get her to stay w/ us. oh and bedtime on a school break , forget it, bedtime is out the window.  it's questions, pains that just suddenly appear,and 600 trips to the bathroom.

I am so glad I' m not the only one w/ a drama queen.

Dessy and Dani's mom who needs a break

griaane
by on May. 4, 2009 at 4:48 PM

This year Ivory has really turned into a Drama Queen. We have back talking, not listening, and even to the point that she tells me she doesn't have too. It has been such a power struggle. We have tried taking things away like her monthly weekend trip to my dad's house, or not going to all the birthday parties she gets invited to but nothing seems to work. The past few weeks has calmed down but I only think that is because of the new baby.

baby boytoddler girlteen girl

Mother to 3- Bradley 4/9/09, Sara 11/13/03, Ivory 2/13/02

MyBoysRock000
by New Member on May. 4, 2009 at 6:38 PM

It's not just girls apparently! Because my 6.5 yo son is also a Drama King! AND a bit of a story teller!! I don't want to say liar, but everything gets exaggerated or stretched.

Thanks for the good chuckle, though, I liked reading about everyone elses "pains".... I read somewhere that 1st grade is a tough year-- let's all cross our fingers they go back to normal next year! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)