Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I was wondering what are some of your  kids fav books to read or what are they working on reading by themselves? My son joined the book club at school and he'll be going every Tuesday and Wednesday and he has to bring his own book. I was just thinking this would be a good time to add a few more books to his collection. I'm not really sure what to get though. His favorites right now are   the cat in the hat , ten apples up on top, green eggs and ham, Danny and the dinosaur  etc...  I think he needs a few more books that are going to be just a little bit more challenging for him to read. Anyone have any suggestions?

by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Replies (11-19):
tabi_cat1023
by New Member on May. 4, 2009 at 8:19 PM

My son reads way above grade level and his favorites are Magic tree house books, but as of now they are too low for him, he reads the 3.6-5.1 level in AR and most of them are below those levels...He just finished James and the Giant Peach.  Think hes gonna start the Judy blume Fudge series..we'll see.  We are reading Dragon Rider together, it was a battle of the books book a few years ago so we'll see how it goes...

tabi_cat1023
by New Member on May. 4, 2009 at 8:20 PM

You know I am so glad to know my son isn't the only one advanced in reading in this group...YAY!

Jol77
by on May. 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM

My son is actually behind the average reading lvl of his class. I have lvl 1 and 2 books from Walmart... those $3 books. His fav are the Wall-E books.

fairyshyone
by on May. 6, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Magic Treehouse books are big around here. Also any scooby doo or spongebob books.

"Worry  looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
ChrisDi
by New Member on May. 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM

my dd is advanced, but she isnt interested in reading.  she does her school assignment, but as far as just reading a book for fun, she doesnt do very often.  I have trouble with this, because I LOVE to read, and just dont understand not being interested in books.  how can i get her more into books than the tv??  and what are some good books/series for girls this age? 

Christene, Wife to Shawn, Mommy to Elizabeth and Nathan.   

sscar_az
by New Member on May. 27, 2009 at 6:31 PM

My Daughter loves all things Junie B!!!   She has one book left to read and then she is done with them all.  BTW there is a new one coming out in June!!!!  My kids also love the Magic Tree house. and Ally love all of the Disney Fairy books. 

Quoting hazeleyzmama:

junie b all the way. i just bought her the toothless wonder junie b book because she lost her tooth too. she loves it. mouse paint. and frog and toad. and song books. i could go on forever

We did that too!! 

sscar_az
by New Member on May. 27, 2009 at 6:41 PM

We have two but it usually turns in to three hours of quite time in our rooms during the week when they are out for break.   My kids can take a nap, read, color, draw or write.

Good girls books

Junie B Jones

Tinker Bell

Disney Faries

Magic Tree house

Any of the Ramona books

Quoting ChrisDi:

my dd is advanced, but she isnt interested in reading.  she does her school assignment, but as far as just reading a book for fun, she doesnt do very often.  I have trouble with this, because I LOVE to read, and just dont understand not being interested in books.  how can i get her more into books than the tv??  and what are some good books/series for girls this age? 

busymomof03
by Member on May. 28, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Ready Freddy is a good series to.

MammaNature
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:13 AM

I absolutley love Incredible You by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, its such a great inspiring book.  Posting this ad was such a great idea because it allows us to see other good books that are out there, so thanks!!!

Ruby Quintanar

Work From home!!!

www.MomsCreateWealth.combig smile mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN