Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have a soon to be 1st Grader starting this fall 2009-2010 school year?

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 2:09 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 388 Total Views

If so come join us !

http://www.cafemom.com/group/firstgrademoms

Sound the alarms! Baby Boy #3 is here-

Stay at Home Moms" Busy Bees" group

http://www.cafemom.com/group/busybeesmomsgroup

by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Elizabeth4980
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:24 AM

We are having a "do-over" year (doing first grade again) so i'll join!  We were on the fence about having him do kindergarten over but then decided to go ahead with first grade but as it turns out he really wasn't ready (which made for a hard year this year) so he and I are both looking forward to a do-over of first grade.  Anyone else having a do-over?

Liz

CJS02MOM
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2009 at 11:23 AM

WE WILL BE STARTING 1ST GRADE JULY 31ST WE HAD SOME ISSUES IN K BUT THINK IT WAS MORE THE TEACHER THAN THE KIDS!WE WILL SEE HOW IT GOES

Lisafc206
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:31 AM

Me to. I'm a stay at home mom of two. 7 years and 5 months old boy and girl.

twinkiemom816
by on Jul. 24, 2009 at 11:16 PM

We are having a do-over year for first garde also. I have twins my problem was I had one that struggled all year with both math and reading. It was clear we need another go at it. My other did great in math and o.k. at reading; splitting them up was just not an option. They have struggled a little since they started school but we always contributed to there birthday (mid-August) and the fact that they were premies. I really get why they say first grade is when they start "real school" now.

mamamia431
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2009 at 8:34 AM

my little girl is going into first grade, and looking forward to it. she can't wait to learn how to read, she already knows many sight words, and i have been reading to her all summer, soon she will be reading to me. its kinda sad to see her grow so fast, but i guess its inevetable. i hope she has just as much fun as she did in kindergarten.

mamamia431

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)