Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Know of a 360 deal anyone?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:36 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 175 Total Views

First of all, let me say "hi" cause this is my first  post in the group big smile mini

OK --- so I know this really isn't the best time to be on the market for one of these babies... but let me explain.  A couple months ago we got the dreaded RROD.  DH sits on the phone with Microsoft for a half an hour to finally be told they won't do a dang thing about it b/c he bought it refurbished and "doesn't have the name of the original owner." Not that big a deal, DH is very computer savvy and finds the X-clamp fix, system works again woo hoo!

Now -- last night I was spending a bit of "Me" time (playing Fable 2, haha) after the kiddies and DH (who works at 5 am) are in bed snoozing.  Suddenly the game freezes - controller doesn't work.  Push the button on the box to turn it off, wait a few seconds and turn it on, right?  Barely 5 seconds into loading, it freezes up again... and I get Light #4 (bottom right) turned on.  I jump on the 'net, and almost start crying... it seems this light means the hardware crapped out?

Anywho, I am SO bummed out.  DH tried to fix it again today after work, but nothing is happening there.  So, I am hoping one of my fellow Gamers out here knows of some hole in the wall Internet site I can buy a console for cheap -- we already have cords/controllers/etc, all we need is the console itself and DH plans to put his hard drive into it anyway.  I know, I know, we should have gotten it day after Christmas, but how were we to know it would happen?

If we manage to find one (I hope I hope!) would LOVE to chat some of you ladies up :) My DH's tag is RoZaB -- but hopefully by my birthday in mid Feb will have a sub for MY tag - Bazora

Thanks in advance for any direction you can give -- used, refurbished, new, whatever.  Although a discounted new one would be nice, in case it craps out again Microsoft can't back out on the warranty that way.

Adie ~~~ Bazora

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)