Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you do it? (Not a debate, only looking for help)

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 4:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 598 Total Views

This is a question for all the parents who have decided whether or whether not to vaccinate there kids. I am currently pregnant and right now do not feel that I will do it. My question is where did you start when searching for a pediatrician for your baby/s and how did you approach the situation? I currently use a midwife, and I do my annual visits with an OB, but I don't even have a primary doctor myself since my DH and I stay VERY healthy with my natural concoctions at home. We don't find ourselves ever fallign under the weather so I believe I am doing a good job. I know I will need to take my baby into a doctor just bc I guess thats what you are supposed to do, but I have no idea how to go about it based all that. Any suggestions?

by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RaisingDivas
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I have four kids and we waited till 4 months to start and then we slowly added. We always avoid the varcella or ck pox vax and the flu vax. Oh and the new whooping cough we avoid. I mainly get the important ones based on what's active in my husbands country. All I can say is read up about each vax and make your own timeline. Don't fall prey to doctors making you feel like crap or saying your endangering your child's life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnspacey
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I really didn't know a lot about vaccinations when I first had my son. I did know that I didn't like the idea of my little guy getting them at such a young age. I delayed the first 3 sets of vaccinations and then stopped all together after a lot of reading. I just kind of told my doctor how it was, they were never overly pushy or rude but did recommend I get them done. I just never did and it hasn't really ever been a huge issue for my doctor.

lundaylove
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

you dont have to take your child to the doctor. We have peds but we only go when necessary and its not something i can handle myself. as for how to decide, i just researched and followed my instincts. 

Isabelles_mommy
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM

theres this website that has non-vax friendly drs.  But as a PP said you don't have to go to the dr for anything really. Your with your child more then a dr and you will notice anything abnormal. I have a 5 yr old who isn't vaxed and she is healthy and happy. But anywho here's the website. Good luck on your journey!! 

Uh oh the web site is down, but I'll link you to the site where I got the link and they have posts at the end of all the dr in every state. I hate that the website is down, it was really helpful. Here is is the post

mtnmom5
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I had 5 kids and didn't vaccinate. You don't have to take your babies or kids to a dr unless they NEED it. The dr will make you feel like an idiot, but we have our rights as parents and we KNOW when they are sick!

I just had my teenager to the dr and they tried to raz me for not getting them immunized but I just look them straight in the eye and tell them that is MY personal preference. There is a lot of info for and against immunizations so you just need to educate yourself on it and go from there.

As far as all the wellness checkups that the dr thinks you should do - nah. We never did them. My kids are 13 to 24 now and they are all pretty healthy. smile mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)