Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want off of my BP medicine and need advice please

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 696 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Hello,

I am 27 years old and have hypertension. I have been on medicine since I was 24. I took HCTZ first. When I would try to have a glass of wine with my husband, within a few sips my face would turn dark red/purple and would burn like a bad sunburn. During pregnancy I was on Methyldopa which didn't have any side effects but I could never remember my second dose and now it doesn't work anymore. A couple weeks ago my Dr changed me to Lisinopril and told me to let him know if my face starts flushing/swelling... it has and I will call him tomorrow since the office is closed. 
I know it is illegal for my Dr. to tell me to take an herbal supplement so I emailed a supplement company and they informed me that it is illegal for them to recommend a supplement.  I asked the lady in the supplement isle at whole foods and she told me that some herbs will not work if I am taking certain medications. I feel stuck and need some guidence. I have heard that CoQ10, garlic, cayenne, cinnamon, and a number of other things could help but am not sure which I should try first or even if one or the other would be more effective.

I am currently also taking Rhodiola Rosae for mood, my multivitimin (women's ultra mega active without iron from GNC), and the lisinopril until tomorrow probably. I want off of conventional medicine. I no longer trust it. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. 

Thank you

army       come home  toddler boybaby boy

PFC Beck  Lacy        Colten   Weston   
    (in Korea)

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnspacey
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You should watch Fat Sick and Nealy Dead on netflix. It's really good and could probably help you a lot, I know it's changed the way I eat. Look into eating a raw food diet and have your doctor monitor you while you cut back on medication. I eat raw fruits, veggies, nuts, grains, for breakfast, lunch, snacks and then for dinner I usually cook something. I did the same diet as in fat sick and nearly dead to start off and it was hard but it has completely changed my life. I feel so much better all the time.

DrivingMom27043
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 3:32 AM

They have a lot of good documentaries on Netflix. Food Inc. was the first one I watched and I have been converting to organic food since then. It is a slow process though since everyone in my family thinks I am silly for worrying about it. I will have to watch that one too.

confused969
by Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with what the other ladies replied.  I would add that making sure you get enough vitamin d is a good idea.  And the best way to get your vitamin d is to get out in the sun at midday just long enough for your skin to start to get a little pink.  Its free and you can't overdose on vitamin d from the sun.

KTBrook
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

here,  hope this can help you.  This is a nutri-physical and can help you figure out what you want to take to help.  go to  www.marketamerica.com/dreamandshop   then go to the tab labled MORE - and the nutri-physical link is right there

Hope that helps figuring out what to take.

morriganna
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM

That's why my face was on fire after two sips!  I didn't even connect it the few times I drank on labetalol...It also caused Lupus symptoms!  I've just started Hawthorn berry which I've heard good things about along with cinnamon.  Let you know how it goes next time I test it at the store.

energygirl
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quoting sweetnspacey:

You should watch Fat Sick and Nealy Dead on netflix. It's really good and could probably help you a lot, I know it's changed the way I eat. Look into eating a raw food diet and have your doctor monitor you while you cut back on medication. I eat raw fruits, veggies, nuts, grains, for breakfast, lunch, snacks and then for dinner I usually cook something. I did the same diet as in fat sick and nearly dead to start off and it was hard but it has completely changed my life. I feel so much better all the time.

I agree this is a great movie....I saw it on netflix then ordered it to have.  We started juicing and my hubby's blood pressure is already coming down (he juices for 1 to 2 meals a day).......we are watching for it to go low enough to take him off his meds too!

Energygirl :)
AromaDrops33
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

There are a few essential oils that can help you and will not interact with any medication you take. I can give you more details if your interested

energygirl
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Quoting AromaDrops33:

There are a few essential oils that can help you and will not interact with any medication you take. I can give you more details if your interested

so there are oils that can help lower blood pressure (and are ok to take with meds?) I would be interested in hearing more about this...my hubby really wants to get off the meds...he has only been on them a year...

AromaDrops33
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM

You do not need to use all of these mentioned, but these are the ones you can choose from. You need to find what works best for you just like anything else. 

I recommend placing 3 drops Ylang Ylang and 3 drops Marjoram in bathwater, and bathe in the evening twice a week. You can also combine any of these together in a carrier oil and massage over heart and reflex points on the left hand and foot.

Quoting energygirl:

Quoting AromaDrops33:

so there are oils that can help lower blood pressure (and are ok to take with meds?) I would be interested in hearing more about this...my hubby really wants to get off the meds...he has only been on them a year...

energygirl
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Quoting AromaDrops33:

You do not need to use all of these mentioned, but these are the ones you can choose from. You need to find what works best for you just like anything else. 

I recommend placing 3 drops Ylang Ylang and 3 drops Marjoram in bathwater, and bathe in the evening twice a week. You can also combine any of these together in a carrier oil and massage over heart and reflex points on the left hand and foot.

Quoting energygirl:

Quoting AromaDrops33:

are there any you can take internally?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN