Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want off of my BP medicine and need advice please

Hello,

I am 27 years old and have hypertension. I have been on medicine since I was 24. I took HCTZ first. When I would try to have a glass of wine with my husband, within a few sips my face would turn dark red/purple and would burn like a bad sunburn. During pregnancy I was on Methyldopa which didn't have any side effects but I could never remember my second dose and now it doesn't work anymore. A couple weeks ago my Dr changed me to Lisinopril and told me to let him know if my face starts flushing/swelling... it has and I will call him tomorrow since the office is closed. 
I know it is illegal for my Dr. to tell me to take an herbal supplement so I emailed a supplement company and they informed me that it is illegal for them to recommend a supplement.  I asked the lady in the supplement isle at whole foods and she told me that some herbs will not work if I am taking certain medications. I feel stuck and need some guidence. I have heard that CoQ10, garlic, cayenne, cinnamon, and a number of other things could help but am not sure which I should try first or even if one or the other would be more effective.

I am currently also taking Rhodiola Rosae for mood, my multivitimin (women's ultra mega active without iron from GNC), and the lisinopril until tomorrow probably. I want off of conventional medicine. I no longer trust it. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. 

Thank you

army       come home  toddler boybaby boy

PFC Beck  Lacy        Colten   Weston   
    (in Korea)

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Replies (11-14):
AromaDrops33
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You can take all of these internally without dilution. If your using these on children always dilute. I would recommend getting veggie caps, a good number of these aren't pleasant tasting except for lemon. 

Quoting energygirl:

Quoting AromaDrops33:

You do not need to use all of these mentioned, but these are the ones you can choose from. You need to find what works best for you just like anything else. 

I recommend placing 3 drops Ylang Ylang and 3 drops Marjoram in bathwater, and bathe in the evening twice a week. You can also combine any of these together in a carrier oil and massage over heart and reflex points on the left hand and foot.

Quoting energygirl:

Quoting AromaDrops33:

There are a few essential oils that can help you and will not interact with any medication you take. I can give you more details if your interested

so there are oils that can help lower blood pressure (and are ok to take with meds?) I would be interested in hearing more about this...my hubby really wants to get off the meds...he has only been on them a year...

are there any you can take internally?

mtnmom5
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Have you ever heard of muscadine grape seed extract?  If you google it, you will find some interesting stuff on it. We have a number of clients that have gotten great results using the extract for MANY health issues included BP as it is so high in anti-oxidants....it is safe to take with any meds as it is a whole food.

Try a bottle for ten bucks and see what you think - you can get it through my siggy below... or shoot me an email to viola1968@gmail.com and I can send you some info on it. smile mini

Amberleigh81
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Another "natural" thing that you can do is exercise!!!

I would begin (if you don't already do it) working out 30-45 minutes 4-6 days a week, and work up to 60-90 minutes 4-6 times a week.

Do cardio (enough to get you uncomfortable talking, but not unable to talk at all) for the 30-45 minutes, then add in weight lifting or yoga I an alternating schedule.

I had high blood pressure, and my doctor gave me 3 months to get it down or be put on meds. I hired a trainer (same cost as my meds) and exercised regularly. My blood pressure was in normal range within the first month.

I also really worked on limiting any processed foods (I don't eat many, but I was eating out I restaurants more than I should have been) and I ate a tremendous amount of fruits and veggies.

Two of my favorite cheap and fast meals "poor man's black bean soup" - a can of (rinsed really well) black beans (or beans you cook yourself) and some fresh salsa (pico de gallo). Microwave or on the stove until warm! The other is "poor man's veggie soup". Take 1/2 bag of frozen mixed veggies, 1/2 cup of crushed, no-salt tomatoes (or make your own), some Siracha if you like it hot, some lime juice or ginger and again, microwave or cook on stovetop until warm. Neither of these meals are the most delicious thing you'll ever eat, but they are fast, cheap and will keep you super-full. I used these for my lunch-break when I worked, because often I got less than 30 minutes to eat and relax from a very stressful job.

Good luck! You CAN do this!
Hazelaid_mama
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I would also recommend hawthorn berry extract. My husband is taking it for his high bp and it seems to be helping. I've also heard cramp bark can be helpful as well as olive lead extract. But be careful not to take a bunch of these at once as herbs can interact negatively and more is definitely not always better.
I would also highly recommend green juicing like some of the others have. It gives you sustained energy and helps you to feel better overall. Good luck! Keep us posted!

www.hazelaid.com All natural, hazelwood & Baltic amber necklaces that relieve eczema, reflux, teething pain, migraines, etc. We have Soap Nuts too! The wonderful, natural laundry detergent alternative. They really work!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)